Help! I need advice

Options
I've lost a ton of weight , and I'm nearly at my goal weight. I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and I train hard. Problem is , my appetite has become HUGE. I literally can't control it sometimes , and I'm starting to feel like all the effort I put in at the gym is a waste. (I haven't seen any real changes in my weight/shape for three weeks) - no gain , no loss.

Any advice as to how to control my urge to eat 24/7 lol

: (

Replies

• espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    the more calories you burn, the more your body needs to replace those nutrients and you will be hungry.. just be smart and eat healthy... don't starve yourself...
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Do you think your body has just become accustomed to eating more to give you the energy needed to work out? Maybe try to cut out some workout time and see if that affects your desire to eat?

I don't know if that's good advice or not, just a thought.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Changing up your diet and your work out plans might help. Everybody goes thru a period of adaptation when they start a workout routine. Once your body adapts to the workout, its more difficult to lose weight. By preventing or stalling the adaptation period, you can boost your metabolism. The best way to do this is to change it up!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I AM WAY OFF GOAL. SO AM NOT EXPERIENCED IN THIS EXCEPT I TOO GET HUNGRY. ARE YOU EATING LOW GI AND LOTS OF SALAD AND VEGIE AND PROTEIN.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was in the same spot until I found C25K. iF you are not already running this will show you how and get you to your goal. If you have an I Phone or an Anroid you can download it. Its amazing! Look it up on GOOGLE.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Eat bigger meals in the morning.... so big one for breakfast, medium for lunch, and smaller for supper.... the big meal for breakfast will curb your cravins throughout the day... but also you are s upposed to eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day... in between lunch and breakfast, and lunch and dinner maybe eat a piece of fruit to keep your metabolism ribbed up and curb your appetite.... and of course you know to eat healthy... because lots of good food is bettter than lots of bad food!!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i agree to change the foods you are eating...

i know this is a big no no to most people, but it's been helping me w/my hunger issues i've had lately (i work out 6 days a week & overall eat healthy w/low carbs)... i started taking these pills from GNC... it's only ONE time a day and has a little bit of an appetitie suppresent, a little but if a stimulent, etc... normally it's $60 for 2 months supply but he gave it to me for $45 and said if it didn't work, i could return it no problm. it's called ANS Methyl Drive... it's been helping me not eat when i am not hungry... i probably go too long w/o eating so i may start doing a lean shake from GNC or something.
  • dizam
    dizam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, this is what works for me: I avoid refined carbs (cereal, anything baked) and add fiber and protein (black beans, lentils, egg whites) and I try to drink more water.

Hope this helps!
  • zainabdice
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the fast feedback!

I'll definitely try to cut back on the exercise a bit , to see if my appetites decreases.

I'll also do some research on Low GI foods + the C25K app.

I gotta get this binging under control!

Thanks guys!
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    IN MY OPINION:

The more you work out the more you will need to eat....

Maybe its about WHAT your eating at this point? Are you using your calories wisely? Protein and fiber typically keep me full, where sugar will make me hungry in 20 minutes.
  • zainabdice
    Options
    I have the same problem, this is what works for me: I avoid refined carbs (cereal, anything baked) and add fiber and protein (black beans, lentils, egg whites) and I try to drink more water.

Hope this helps!

yeah , I'm a bit of a carb junkie. so hard to resist. I'll keep this in mind.
  • zainabdice
    Options
    IN MY OPINION:

The more you work out the more you will need to eat....

Maybe its about WHAT your eating at this point? Are you using your calories wisely? Protein and fiber typically keep me full, where sugar will make me hungry in 20 minutes.

I'm not too nutrition savvy. But I think my weakness is definitely sugar+ simple carbs? How do you resist the cravings?
  • zainabdice
    Options
    i agree to change the foods you are eating...

i know this is a big no no to most people, but it's been helping me w/my hunger issues i've had lately (i work out 6 days a week & overall eat healthy w/low carbs)... i started taking these pills from GNC... it's only ONE time a day and has a little bit of an appetitie suppresent, a little but if a stimulent, etc... normally it's $60 for 2 months supply but he gave it to me for $45 and said if it didn't work, i could return it no problm. it's called ANS Methyl Drive... it's been helping me not eat when i am not hungry... i probably go too long w/o eating so i may start doing a lean shake from GNC or something.

Thanks. I'll try this.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Some protein at each meal/snack is my appetite suppressant. :)