Tofu Recipes???

Options
Cariñosita
Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
I've never eaten tofu before, but I bought some today. Now, I have no idea what to do with it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten tofu before, but I bought some today. Now, I have no idea what to do with it. Anyone have any recommendations?
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I've packed all my recipe books (we're moving in a week), but off the top of my head...

Stuffed Pasta- stuff crumbled tofu in uncooked manicotti or large shell pasta, cover with marinara sauce and bake until pasta is soft. You could even mix the tofu crumbles with feta for a creamier stuffed pasta.

Tofu steaks- Slice the tofu thin (about 1/4") and season it well (I like using a no salt Cajun seasoning mix) and grill or cook it in a flat pan with a little olive oil until brown on both sides. If you prefer sweet flavors, you could also make a maple-syrup and orange juice glaze so that the tofu gets nice and caramelized. A George Foreman-style grill works well for cooking these.

Stir-fry- Cut tofu into cubes and marinate in low sodium soy sauce. Mix the tofu into a stir-fry with vegetables. Firm tofu is best.

Hot and Sour Soup- I like to add long strips of firm tofu to homemade hot and sour soup.

I'm not a big tofu fan, but these are some dishes I like it in. Enjoy. :flowerforyou: