Looking for friends (focus on strength and/or toning up)

Options
Hi there,

i'm not new on MFP but since I recently reached my first GW and changed my goals, I'd love to meet new friends with the same objectives (basically getting stronger and fitter but not necessarily losing pounds). I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything wrong (diet and type of exercise) so help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm mainly focused on getting stronger.
    Not looking to lose at the moment, and am actually trying to gain to build muscle - in the new year I'll be cutting at a small deficit to lose the fat / maintain the muscle.

Feel free to add me.

Heidi
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a few pounds from my upper healthy weight range. I've reset my goals to the low end of the range and want to get cut/tone to do so! =)
  • margurithrt
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm good with what I weigh, so toning and strength are my real goals.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm only set to lose one pound per week due to my current weight so I have a ways to go. But through my circuit training I have lost an inch in my waist and a firming up all over. Very happy so far. Feel free to add me for support.
  • maaadde
    maaadde Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 20 lbs (from 145 to 125 being 5'8) and while I'm trying to get rid of some body fat I'm also looking to tone my body, I want to see definition :) Feel free to add me!
  • trilvr
    trilvr Posts: 22
    Options
    feel free to add me, Im also focused on toning up and losing my body fat.
    Triathlonlover : )
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    add me--i'm in the same boat! i'm happy with my weight and just really want to tone up where i am and am having trouble finding good motivators for that on here. feel free to add me and i will do the same!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I invited you to a group for "not that heavy girls" so hopefully you will find some friends there in the same boat. Anyone else who is interested is also welcome.
    Feel free to add me.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have some pounds to lose still, however, If I just tone up, I would be happy with the weight I was at! Having a hard time toning though, not sure what I'm doing wrong.
  • avsgal1921
    Options
    I too am not new to MFP but recently started using it on my laptop and discovered the message boards. I always start to put on weight when I take breaks from MFP and let myself splurge a little too much on the margaritas! (my weakness:wink: ). I love being able to make friends on here-just seeing people log on helps me stay accountable. I have always worked out and my eating habits are for the most part good. I just need to tone up a little bit more and though I don't have far to go to reach my goals and I possess all the tools to do so (P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire workouts plus nutrition guides) what I realized more than anything is that I need others to help me stay accountable so that I truly keep my cheat meals down to 1-2 a week! I hope I can help others in some way as well!!:happy:
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who added me or invited me to a group. I think I've responded to everybody but feel free to poke me if it wasn't the case!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm toning, tightening, and strengthening the body at this point! Best of luck!