Skin problems

Options
ive always had very good skin, alwats clear and never get pimples, but since working out alot im comming up with alot of sweat pimples...eeek
im usuing face wash daily along with an oil free moisturiser is there anything else i can do to stop them comming or do i just deal with it?

Replies

• Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I wash my face with acne wash after work outs. Then apply Make up foundation for acne. Good luck!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    My dermatologist told me to get a cleanser of any kind & add Arm & Hammer Baking Powder 2 it & it works, been doing it for about 4 years now...
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'd say to just make sure you wash your face right after you work out. Other than that, have you changed your face wash lately? That can be a factor.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Don't wear makeup while working out, use a toner in addition to your cleanser and lotion, and maybe avoid the towels they have at the gym (if you're using them to wipe your face. Also, don't touch your face w/ sweaty hands! (I know I do it without even realizing it sometimes.) :)
  • shauna121211
    Options
    My dermatologist told me to get a cleanser of any kind & add Arm & Hammer Baking Powder 2 it & it works, been doing it for about 4 years now...

Wow really? How much do you put in?
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Don't wear makeup while working out, use a toner in addition to your cleanser and lotion, and maybe avoid the towels they have at the gym (if you're using them to wipe your face. Also, don't touch your face w/ sweaty hands! (I know I do it without even realizing it sometimes.) :)

i do that all the time!!! atleast 10 times during a workout lol damn!
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Are you using different products now than you did before the extra sweat?

When I am switching gears from lifting to cardio, or finishing up a heavy cardio workout, I rinse with water just to get the fresh sweat off my face. Then when I shower, I use my regular cleanser. I have really sensitive skin so I don't use product anymore than I have to. It seems when I let the sweat sit & dry on my face, that's when I'm likely to get the most breakouts.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I use the walmart version of Pro Active. ( it has all the same things) and it works great.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'd say to just make sure you wash your face right after you work out. Other than that, have you changed your face wash lately? That can be a factor.

Yeah i have changed it 2 weeks ago, maybe that has something todo with it but ill look into somehting different
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options

i do that all the time!!! atleast 10 times during a workout lol damn!

That could be part of it! Sweat and bacteria from the machines could def cause that. Be aware!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I use the walmart version of Pro Active. ( it has all the same things) and it works great.

I have had a few people tell me that they loved ProActive until they stopped using it, and then their acne came back worse. Any experience with that?
  • shauna121211
    Options

Yeah i have changed it 2 weeks ago, maybe that has something todo with it but ill look into somehting different

It can take your skin a couple months to get used to the new stuff, so maybe stick with it for a bit, but if it doesn't get better, go back to what you used before.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    What kind of cleanser do you prefer?
  • Lekkie84
    Options
    Yep. The peroxide in ProActive bleaches the skin, so of course when you stop using it, it's going to come back.

I now use an antibacterial wash called Phisohex. Use it not only on my face but neck and chest too, to help stop those sweat pimples.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yep. The peroxide in ProActive bleaches the skin, so of course when you stop using it, it's going to come back.

I now use an antibacterial wash called Phisohex. Use it not only on my face but neck and chest too, to help stop those sweat pimples.

Ahhh, is that why my nephew's face went a really funny colour when he was using Proactive?
  • Lekkie84
    Options

Ahhh, is that why my nephew's face went a really funny colour when he was using Proactive?

Possibly. ProActive is just a bandaid solution to the root cause of the acne. If you notice, if you use a coloured towel after washing your face with ProActive, it bleaches out the colour off the towel. Do you really want to be putting that stuff on your face?

Some people are also allergic to it. After 3 days of using it, I had severe dryness, red and itchy splotches over my face. It's a harsh way to treat acne to be honest!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Have you changed the way you are eating? That can sometimes be a factor too. If you never had skin problems before, I think that changing your products and stuff is not a great idea-what were you using before the switch a couple of weeks ago? Maybe try going back to that, and bring a clean towel to the gym for wiping your face, and try to at least rinse your face when you're done if you're not showering until you get home.

Depending on your skin, often you do not need to use a lot of product. I often get compliments on my nice skin, and all I use on my face is Avalon organics Vitamin C face wash (usually once a day), and plain old aloe vera. Sometimes I just "wash" my face with water only, then put aloe on. Occasionally I will mix a tiny dab of vitamin c facial moisturizer with the aloe. I also rarely wear makeup, like maybe 3x a year and that never includes foundation or anything.

Drink lots of water, and only pat your skin dry-never rub it.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options

Wow really? How much do you put in?

Just enuff 2 make it go all ova my face, make sure its a lil gritty tho, kinda like a scrub...he said its no different than the Arm & Hammer cleaning anything else, he said its great 4 the skin as well
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Proactive! I've never had a problem with pimples (other than the occasional one or two during TOM), but my friend told me it's really for every one, not just those with skin problems. I thought I had nice skin before, but my goodness, it's amazing! I swear by it now :)