Lemon water does what?...

Options
So i heard it through the grape vine that lemon water speeds up your metabloism is this true? :happy:

Replies

• LeBlackstone
    Options
    No
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    So i heard it through the grape vine that lemon water speeds up your metabloism is this true? :happy:

now I know you don't really believe that do you?
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I just heard that it cleansed your system supposedly lol but the acid can't be very good for your teeth!
  • sommerling
    sommerling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    oh ok. i dident know.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    As in most things, in weight loss, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Even the things that speed up your metabolism make such a small change that they are really not worth the money you spend on them. Metabolism is very stable. It does not jump around up and down like a rabbit on speed. It basically chugs along at pretty much the same pace every day, day in day out. For that matter, when it does speed up it is usually a sign of illness (that is what a fever is). As for slowing down it takes a prolonged period of time (many days) with a large calorie deficit to slow it down. Just keep eating at a moderate deficit and exercising and the weight will come off.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hot lemon water is good for reducing water weight and sodium if bloated. Not a quick fix, but can help bloating.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I heard you use it to water the beans for Jack's trip
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I doubt that's true, but it's good for your health in general. Nice soft diuretic too.
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    not true! BUT.. it has amazingly got me to drink more water love the flavor!