As I work out, I've started playing with my.....

Options
PS3! As of yesterday.... I wheeled my elliptical out to the livingroom and wondered if I could play my PS3 and exercise at the same time. EUREKA! Next thing I knew, I'd been on there for an HOUR, which I'd never done before and it was sooooo great! Just wanted to share my joy and excitement! :tongue:

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    LOL hilarious. I'm going to try this with my Wii. I mean, Wii Sports on an elliptical can only end in hilarity.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    YES! Love it! :drinker:
  • Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What were you playing? I may have to try this with my xbox. :smile:
  • Tiana405
    Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    LOL hilarious. I'm going to try this with my Wii. I mean, Wii Sports on an elliptical can only end in hilarity.

WOW! Let me know how that goes! Hilarity is a must in all situations! :happy:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing idea! I only wish I had a PS3, and an elliptical for that matter... =/
  • Tiana405
    Options
    What were you playing? I may have to try this with my xbox. :smile:

Well, I wanted to start out with something simple, just so I knew I could do it.... Lego Harry Potter 1-4. LMFAO!!!!!! It was soooo much fun! I would play a level, look down at the screen and BAM! 20 minutes... gone! Didn't even feel like five! It was GREAT! Didn't use the arm thingies, so I got a core workout, too, b/c I had to keep my balance! You've GOT to try this! Definitely my new favorite thing! :laugh:
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try this.!!! I'll probably fall off of the elliptical somehow during the process!! But I'll dust myself of..and get back on!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...
  • Tiana405
    Options
    That's an amazing idea! I only wish I had a PS3, and an elliptical for that matter... =/

I just got my ps3 last week! I used to have 2 xbox's, a ps3 AND a wii, but I got robbed twice in 1 month before I moved. Wonder why. HA! I just bought my elliptical for 80 bucks on craigslist.com! Go find one, Chicky! Actually... find both of them on craigslist and enjoy working out like I did! :wink:
  • Tiana405
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

And what is so wrong about it?
  • Tiana405
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try this.!!! I'll probably fall off of the elliptical somehow during the process!! But I'll dust myself of..and get back on!

I admit... I almost busted my *kitten* a time or two, but then I engaged my abs and different muscles in my legs and voila! Stabilized! You've gotta try it! Let me know how you do! :drinker:
  • Acg67
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

if you were really working out, you wouldn't be able to play video games, read a magazine etc while doing it
  • Tiana405
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

if you were really working out, you wouldn't be able to play video games, read a magazine etc while doing it

I don't feel that way. People run on the treadmill or get on the elliptical and read magazines, books, etc. If I were lifting weights, that's different. At the YMCA, they have their T.V.'s on caption and I'd run and read, so what's the difference in playing a video game and being on the elliptical? My HRM was where it always is... 150's-160's. Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree. :ohwell:
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

I gotta disagree w/that.. It's not like he was knitting or something.. if he's raising his heart rate more than his resting BPM for a sustained amount of time - how does that constitute not working out? Maybe not working out as hard as he possibly could, but it's still working out right?
  • Acg67
    Options
    I gotta disagree w/that.. It's not like he was knitting or something.. if he's raising his heart rate more than his resting BPM for a sustained amount of time - how does that constitute not working out? Maybe not working out as hard as he possibly could, but it's still working out right?

from my experience, you show me people playing video games and reading magazines while "working out" and inevitably they will be skinny fat or overweight
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

It might not be as intense of a workout since your concentration is on the video game more then exercising but it is better then sitting on your bum playing a video game for an hour only moving your thumbs.
  • Tiana405
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

I definitely got a workout! BPM was up for a substantial amount of time. Longer than I've ever had it before! Normally, I can only go 30 minutes, AT THE SAME RATE, and then I get bored and say that's enough. For me, this is an improvement. Not saying it's for everyone. All of our fitness levels are different. Look at your profile pic... ripped abs, 4% body fat.... mine is a pumpkin taking a crap to 2 pumpkin pies. Come on, now. :laugh: I posted this, b/c maybe it would give others the same joy and satisfaction as I had aaaaaaaaaand maybe being able to workout longer with the same intensity as they normally do. If their pace isn't the same, maybe they could workout longer and build up to it. Either way, I think it's fun and I will continue doing it... :wink:

p.s.>>> I'm a She. Yes, I'm a gaming nerd. :blushing:
  • Tiana405
    Options

from my experience, you show me people playing video games and reading magazines while "working out" and inevitably they will be skinny fat or overweight

It isn't the ONLY workout I do. Just thought it would be a good way to do cardio for an extended amount of time when I'm not hitting the bags, lifting, etc. Obviously, I don't game when doing that.
  • Tiana405
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

AMEN! :laugh:

It might not be as intense of a workout since your concentration is on the video game more then exercising but it is better then sitting on your bum playing a video game for an hour only moving your thumbs.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    you're doing it wrong...

I agree. If you have time to multitask your workouts then you probably aren't working hard enough. IMO