Steppin it up!

Options
A couple of years ago in college, my best friend (a guy) and I used to go to the gym every morning at 7:30:noway: . Of course, we were usually the only ones there at that time. Being super competitive, my goal was to stay on the elliptical at least as long as him. Long story short, after a short time I was often burning upwards of 700 calories by 9am! What a great feeling! :happy:

About a month ago, my boyfriend and I decided that we would take a walk every morning around the neighborhood, more for our sanity (have a few quiet minutes to ourselves) than for exercise. But, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to start eating better, too. I used to eat very healthy (when I was burning those 700 calories) , but became a big slacker when I moved in with my boyfriend in August since he always buys junk:grumble: because he's naturally pretty thin so he thinks he's healthy (don't get me started...:explode: )

So, this Sunday I said 'I've gotta step this up! I'm capable of so much more than a 2 mile casual walk in the morning!' However, since we're leaving for a cruise on Saturday, I wasn't sure if I should significantly up my workouts for 5 days, then go on a cruise and eat my heart out, or just wait until we came back from vacation to step it up. I asked what all of you lovely people thought, and everyone said "DO IT NOW!"

I did, and now (within about 5 days) I'm back up to burning about 330 calories on the elliptical, and I feel wonderful. I'm weighing in tomorrow, and leaving on the cruise bright and early on Saturday, so I'm flying high right now! :happy: :happy:

Thank you for letting me share... And thanks everyone for telling me to get out there and do it NOW :happy: I'm so glad you said that, so glad I listened... it feels great! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    A couple of years ago in college, my best friend (a guy) and I used to go to the gym every morning at 7:30:noway: . Of course, we were usually the only ones there at that time. Being super competitive, my goal was to stay on the elliptical at least as long as him. Long story short, after a short time I was often burning upwards of 700 calories by 9am! What a great feeling! :happy:

About a month ago, my boyfriend and I decided that we would take a walk every morning around the neighborhood, more for our sanity (have a few quiet minutes to ourselves) than for exercise. But, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to start eating better, too. I used to eat very healthy (when I was burning those 700 calories) , but became a big slacker when I moved in with my boyfriend in August since he always buys junk:grumble: because he's naturally pretty thin so he thinks he's healthy (don't get me started...:explode: )

So, this Sunday I said 'I've gotta step this up! I'm capable of so much more than a 2 mile casual walk in the morning!' However, since we're leaving for a cruise on Saturday, I wasn't sure if I should significantly up my workouts for 5 days, then go on a cruise and eat my heart out, or just wait until we came back from vacation to step it up. I asked what all of you lovely people thought, and everyone said "DO IT NOW!"

I did, and now (within about 5 days) I'm back up to burning about 330 calories on the elliptical, and I feel wonderful. I'm weighing in tomorrow, and leaving on the cruise bright and early on Saturday, so I'm flying high right now! :happy: :happy:

Thank you for letting me share... And thanks everyone for telling me to get out there and do it NOW :happy: I'm so glad you said that, so glad I listened... it feels great! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Glad you did it! That's great.

No need to abandon your plan on the cruise - the gyms are usually great, and I LOVE having great workout, a swim, and then going for breakfast.

I also think this way about all inclusives / cruises - you pay the same for the vacation, whether you eat tiny portions, or whether you stuff yourself. If I eat lobster, I skip the carbs that dinner, and it naturally stops me from overeating, and keeps the calories in check (and keeps your tummy flatter).

We usually do have a few extra drinks, and some treats here and there, but never go crazy, and we never gain weight (we went with friends last time, who gained 5-10 lbs EACH!!!).

Have a great time!
    :flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    AND... I just weighed in for the week- lost 2.2 pounds this week! I couldn't be happier!!! :happy: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    congratulations for doing it! keep it up. Have fun on your cruise - take time to relax - and exercise - who says you can't do both :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep up the great work:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!