How You Livin?

Options
nygiantschick
nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
Do you think you live in the place you were meant to be? I don't!!! In my heart I should be living in Harlem,NY or Toronto rockin a huge afro with my incense burning in my apartment overtop my little vegan eatery full of intelligent artistic-minded customers who come for good food, stimulating conversation, and relaxing ambience!!!!

What about you?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hell no!!!
    I live in Iowa right now. Do not like it here
    Boyfriend is in Washington... that is where i need to be!
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My heart is in NYC. I love NYC!
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Livin the dream! Love my job, love my fam, love life.....no regrets!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I should be living off the grid on a farm, raising my own food, creating energy through wind, water and solar options. Living the good life celebrating nature and the turning of the seasons.
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I feel that I am exactly where I want to be, raising my five kids in beautiful North Texas.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I live in Michigan I hate it here, it's way too cold!
    I want to live either in Key west or somewhere in southern Georgia =]
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Currently and for the foreseeable future, suburbs, east of Toronto. Too many people to have privacy, to few people to have things to do.

I'd just like to live somewhere I don't need a car to go to the grocery store with my boys. A coffee shop that is close enough to walk to would be nice too.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Right now, yes!!!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I feel that I am exactly where I want to be, raising my five kids in beautiful North Texas.

This, Except 4 kids and in CT. I think I live in the best place in the world!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I live in Racine Wisconsin. So... NO.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My heart is in NYC. I love NYC!

Mine, too! I'm moving there ASAP after I graduate from my in-state tuition college.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I feel bad saying this b/c I love my daughter with all my heart but there are days (and I think every mother single or not can relate) that something happens, same *kitten* different day, kinda thing and I can't help but just bury my face in my hands and say, "THIS IS NOT MY LIFE!!! THIS IS NOT HOW THINGS WERE SUPPOSE TO BE!!!"
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm also raising kids in (very rural) north Texas, I thought moving here would be best for my kids...but do I feel like I belong here?
    No way.

I miss my smelly, polluted, traffic-riddled yet sprawling, open-minded, and multicultural hometown (Houston I love you!). I'm so stoked to be going home for the holiday.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hell no! THIS (PA) is NOT where I'm meant to live... I like warm weather and beaches too much to be here. I would LOVE to relocate someday.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I know I'm where I'm supposed to be for the moment, but I don't like it here. Am trying to find a way to like it. Would love to move to the east coast near my youngest daughter. So many things I want to see and do over there.
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am going to say YES! I am originally from California (South Bay Area). Moving to a retirement town at the age of 30, people thought I was nuts. Personally, I feel more relaxed here. My commute to work is only 20 minutes, this also depends if I have encounters with the wildlife, you know bears and deer. I do live 50 -60 miles away from any big box store. The ocean is only 15 minutes away. I live about 5 minutes from a lake (if the wind blows the trees just at the right angle, I can see the lake from my living room). My job isn't the greatest, but it pays the bills.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm where I ought to be for now, but not where I hope to be in the future.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Live in the suburbs of Dublin, Ireland - close to the Wicklow mountains (they are really just hills - but we call them mountains!! :bigsmile: )

Need to live on a farm with my horses, dogs and cats.. Much rather the outdoor lifestyle - out everyday, manual labour - being properly tired at the end of the day - not mentally exhausted..

Someday.. It will happen.. Absolutely has to...

Till then, riding my horses as often as possible and getting outside away from work - thats good...
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    I feel bad saying this b/c I love my daughter with all my heart but there are days (and I think every mother single or not can relate) that something happens, same *kitten* different day, kinda thing and I can't help but just bury my face in my hands and say, "THIS IS NOT MY LIFE!!! THIS IS NOT HOW THINGS WERE SUPPOSE TO BE!!!"

im having one of those days.. feel like i have no friends anymore. my sons fathers in jail and im with our son all alone and its so hard. hes napping now and i dont even know what to do with myself!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I could NOT imagine living anywhere other than the Great State of Texas. I have the majority of my family within 20 minutes of me. I would however like to move to Port Isabel and buy a little house and go into the shrimpin' bidness.

Im right where I need to be!