What have you gained?

Options
Ephena
Ephena Posts: 615 Member
So I saw a topic about what have you lost (comparing lbs lost to say kids or bags of potatoes) and it got me thinking. Many of us have lost a lot and they are all celebrated victories, well deserved at that. But it got me thinking about what I have gained and that makes me a lot more giddy.

I have gained:

The ability to buy clothes from Victoria Secret (shirts, pants, even a mini skirt).

The ability to squeeze under a toddler bed to retrieve lost toys.

I willing took and sent pictures of myself (fully clothed) to a friend to get her opinion on my outfit. This was a big one since there are maybe a dozen pictures of me in the last 9 yrs because I avoided the camera so badly. (I feel terrible about this because it means my kids have almost no pictures of their own mother) :frown:

CONFIDENCE! I went out for a Girl's Night Out to my favorite bar this last Friday night. Not only did I have the courage to look the really hot guy in the eyes, I had the courage to hold the look. Even better, he came over and danced with me, real up close and personal. :blushing:

And finally and most importantly: I gained back my life. No more watching it pass me by, I am reaching out, grabbing and loving it.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    lean muscle.
  • FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hurrah! This is a great post - I like a lot! Well done x
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    a few inches on my penor
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    oh, i like this! I have gained 30lbs in 4 years and with it i gained the ability to run 5 miles, carry 200lbs of horse feed over a fence, unload 50lbs of dog food from my car, i can brush my hair and not lose a bunch, i can fill out my clothes again, i gained my whole life!
  • jensenta3
    Options
    This is awesome! I love the part of gaining your life back. :) Way to go.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I lost our 14 yr old grand son...(in lbs only..lol). I've gained my dignity and self-respect back. I've gained the encouragement of a LOT of people that I would never have connected with without this journey. I've gained the experience of going through this with 5 other family members and delighting in their successes. I've gained a new LOVE of life. No more sitting on the sidelines. I've gained power and strength from my running. I've gained the ability to walk withour pain. Wow.....there is really TOO much to cover. Thanks for making us stop and think! It's really made my day.
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The ability to breathe properly. At my heaviest weight doing anything was nearly impossible since I could barely catch my breath.
  • sarahsmithard
    Options
    By losing almost half of my body weight I have gained:
    1. The ability to 'blend in'.
    2. The ability to lower the tray in an airline seat
    3. The ability to walk down the aisle of a train or bus straight on
    4. The ability to take off my own shoes and cut my own toenails (one for which my daughter is particularly grateful!)
    5. The ability to sit on a chair without first thinking, "will this thing take me?"
    6. The ability to be judged on who I am and not what I look like
    7. The ability to feel my breastbone (freaked me out first time, thought I had some awful growth!)
    8. The ability to make wise choices daily knowing that the biggest battle is fought

....I could go on and on x
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Love this post!

1) Confidence
    2) The ability to stick up for myself
    3) Shopping without feeling like I'm being mocked or laughed at
    4) The ability to run
    5) Wanting to and feeling good about going out with my younger friends.

So So much more! I can't wait to think about how much more there will be after another 30lbs too. :)
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I started the what have you lost topic :)

I have gained so much. I truly feel like I am a completely different person. I have gained so much confidence. I have gained guys looking at me in a good way. I have gained better health. I am happier, more outgoing. I can now go into a store and grab clothes in a small or medium instead of a 2xl. i look in the mirror and don't recognize myself

I have gained life.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have plenty more to go but so far.

1) Confidence - My wife said she fell in love with me because I was confident / funny. I was just funny for a while, now I have that confidence again.

2) I can shop at normal stores now, still 2x but normal stores carry 2x

3) More space between me and the steering wheel

4) Not as afraid to break chairs (funny that I broke one over the weekend but not my fault)

5) Respect - Honestly, people are starting to treat me differently, I dont know if its perception but I think its appearance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!