So thanksgiving tomorrow...

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not stressing out over the calories, but also not planning to use the day as an excuse to over-indulge either.

After months of hard work, will it kill my diet to go off track for one day?, NO
    Will it tear up my stomach and make me feel like a giant bag of wet sand for the rest of the weekend? YES!

So the answer to the second question is why I don't personally plan to eat a whole lot. I don't really care who looks at me (am I having a piece of pumpkin pie? YES!).

If its your favorite meal of the year, go for it...but just pace yourself, and don't be surprised if you aren't able to eat like you used to!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm not counting anything. Portion control and enjoying everything. Just one dessert as well and 2 glasses of wine.
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm going to treat tomorrow like a normal day. Food will not control my decisions - I will control my decisions about food. Yes, I will measure, weigh and log every taste, bite and sip. Bring on the day ... This year I will not be defeated by candied sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, or buttermilk biscuits!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    to sum it up in regards to my choice............Im going to eat and not worry , drink wine, eat pie and have a great time

Friday, its back to the routine

ONE DAY OF EATING didnt get us to where we are,

also, since Im at this weight, I can afford to eat on holidays and not worry.......again, this is my choice and Im Ok with it............HAPPY TURKEY DAY.....................Lloyd
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't I eat?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make that turkey and stuffing my bitch. And I'm going to cover them both in gravy and yell at the sweet potato casserole "WHO IS YOUR DADDY?!"

And I'm going to wash it all down with wine and beer. And then before bed I'm going to have a gin martini as a digestif.

*steps out of a cold shower*

Holy heck, MK. Can I come to your Thanksgiving.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make that turkey and stuffing my bitch. And I'm going to cover them both in gravy and yell at the sweet potato casserole "WHO IS YOUR DADDY?!"

And I'm going to wash it all down with wine and beer. And then before bed I'm going to have a gin martini as a digestif.

I would be honoured! Wear your best stretch pants!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about it....I'm going to enjoy a holiday meal with my family and friends.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

I'm wearing them. I'll take a page out of Joey's book and warm up with a bag of chips...maybe I should switch to maternity pants.
  • jenniffer324
    jenniffer324 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I plan on just indulging and trying not to worry much about the calories. It's a holiday and one day won't kill me. I plan on working out before the meal so at least I won't feel as guilty
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is about spending time with loved ones and being thankful for the good in your life. Don't worry about eating too much or too little or if people will question you or not. Be thankful you have food on the table because many people in other parts of the world don't have the same fortunes we do. Happy Thanksgiving and just enjoy the day!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I'm wearing them. I'll take a page out of Joey's book and warm up with a bag of chips...maybe I should switch to maternity pants.

Please, may I come too? You don't even have to have a chair for me, I'll stand in the corner and be very quiet. (except for the loud munching and burping)
  • bevsix
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy the day, if I want to eat something I'm going to eat it. Then on Friday I'm going to take an extra long walk.... :drinker:
  • imb4ne1
    Options
    ok so i like what bob harper says. " 4 ounces of turkey (dark meat): 323 calories. What will burn this off? Rake leaves for 45 minutes.

1/2 cup of stuffing: 190 calories. To burn this off, carry Black Friday shopping bags around for 30 minutes.

1/4 cup of jellied cranberry sauce. Twenty-five minutes of mopping can help work this portion of the meal off.

A slice of pumpkin pie: 316 calories. Spend 80 minutes watering outdoor plants (if it's not too cold or wet) to say goodbye to the pie calories.

A dinner roll: 82 calories. Vacuuming for 30 minutes will burn off that many calories.

A cup of mashed potatoes: 162 calories. A 22-minute game of friendly football will burn off 158 of these calories.

Another common (and easier) guideline to follow is it takes about a mile of slow running or brisk walking to burn off 100 calories, Holt said.

Harper suggested a few simple ways to cut back the calorie count while still enjoying the meal.

"Slice your slice of pumpkin pie right down the middle and avoid the whipped cream on top," he said. "Instead of eating the dark turkey meat, go for the white meat. Opting for the white meat instead of dark will trim about 100 calories off."

hope this helps
  • emily2tx
    Options
    Okay, I like the idea that it didn't take one meal to get us where we are today. With that said, I am only eating my faves and nothing that I can enjoy any other day of the year (i.e. potatoes). I am eating half a plate of dinner food and half dessert. And, not getting seconds! I don't want to feel miserable:)
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I will eat, and log it, and get back on track the following day. I allow myself tomorrow to enjoy in moderation. The same way I'll do Christmas.
  • babyblue1426
    Options
    Wow!! super organized! i love it!! I think I can bring snacks that I can nibble from, I love nibbling it's my weakness, so at least something less caloric, right?
    We will succeed!!
  • babyblue1426
    Options
    ok so i like what bob harper says. " 4 ounces of turkey (dark meat): 323 calories. What will burn this off? Rake leaves for 45 minutes.

1/2 cup of stuffing: 190 calories. To burn this off, carry Black Friday shopping bags around for 30 minutes.

1/4 cup of jellied cranberry sauce. Twenty-five minutes of mopping can help work this portion of the meal off.

A slice of pumpkin pie: 316 calories. Spend 80 minutes watering outdoor plants (if it's not too cold or wet) to say goodbye to the pie calories.

A dinner roll: 82 calories. Vacuuming for 30 minutes will burn off that many calories.

A cup of mashed potatoes: 162 calories. A 22-minute game of friendly football will burn off 158 of these calories.

Another common (and easier) guideline to follow is it takes about a mile of slow running or brisk walking to burn off 100 calories, Holt said.

Harper suggested a few simple ways to cut back the calorie count while still enjoying the meal.

"Slice your slice of pumpkin pie right down the middle and avoid the whipped cream on top," he said. "Instead of eating the dark turkey meat, go for the white meat. Opting for the white meat instead of dark will trim about 100 calories off."

hope this helps

I'm a Bob fan too!!!
    Thanks for you post, love his advice!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!
  • babyblue1426
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You can't gain that much weight with one meal. Your stomach won't let you. Save your splurging for dinner instead of snacking all day, then enjoy the meal.