too many carbs??

Options
I am a diabetic, and for breakfast the last couple of weeks I have been eating 2 nutra grain low fat waffles with sugar free syrup, and a light/fat free yogurt. Do you think thats too many carbs???
..I know I should be eating more protein, any ideas as what to eat in the morning instead of eggs???

Replies

• blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic, and for breakfast the last couple of weeks I have been eating 2 nutra grain low fat waffles with sugar free syrup, and a light/fat free yogurt. Do you think thats too many carbs???
    ..I know I should be eating more protein, any ideas as what to eat in the morning instead of eggs???
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    you could try adding some low fat cottage cheese to your breakfast. that has some good protein in it.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You want to eat the most carbs in the morning, when your body will burn it off. That's the kind of breakfast I have before I work out, and I rarely go over my carbs at the end of the day (although it took some tweaking of my food intake to get there!). So I think it's fine.
  • nance1109
    nance1109 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do low carb also due to sugar. I eat low fat cottage cheese to change it up a bit. I also put no sugar added premeasured apple sauce cup with 1 cup cottage cheese and its really good. I know some people cannot handle the consistancy of cottage cheese but if you can it works.

Also I will have string cheese sticks.

You definietly need to add protien. It will keep you more satisfied through the morning.

Good Luck!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    a warmed whole grain tortilla with peanut butter or almond butter
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    Thanks guys, and I do love cottage cheese....any kind of cheese that is lol. My favorite is the Hood Chive cottage cheese.
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal with 1 TBSP protein powder, cinnamon and sugar free maple sugar. I am also diabetic and do not have an issue with my Blood Sugar afterwards. In fact, just had my A1c tested 5.3!!!
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    WOW Thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: