I need some help with my tummy! *pic included*

Options
2»

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing weight. The tummy is usually the last fat storage area. More so for men. You can't really focus train. The body just removes fat where it wants to. You lost 67?! So you know how to lose weight. Just keep at it.

I have a bad feeling that this may be the answer :ohwell: But truthfully I can't lose more than the last 2 lbs on my ticker... at least not until after the summer. If my wedding gown gets taken in anymore than it already has it's going to look like a whole different dress :grumble: . I hope I can make a difference without losing a ton of inches really. that probably sounds dumb but ya... lol.
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm

Here's a link for the Planks. They are tough - you can start on elbows and knees and work up to elbows and toes, then hands and toes. Have fun!

ahhhh just from your description I know what they are, I was doing them for awhile actually... not sure why I stopped. I will add them again! thanks!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options

Here's a link for the plank... http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm
    It's pretty simple. The longer you hold it, the better the burn is.

I just looked at this link a little closer, and it's actually part of a list of the top 10 ab exercises. I'm going to check out the other 9 too.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have a few different dvd's, not that i have done them much, trying to get to my goal weight and then tone, i have done them a couple times though and i was sore for the next day or two.
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
    crunchless abs( there are quite a few different ones, had to order them online)
    I also just bought MFC for my wii and also have Gold's Gym cardio(haven't opened it yet)
    10 min. solutions as well
    maybe give them a try and see what happens
    Mu hubby also says to leg lifts, not that i have listened to him yet...lol

Good Luck,
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises.htm

this web site is great, i suggest switching up your routine every few weeks and you'll be happy with the results in a couple months, but will start seeing a change in a week or two!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yes P90X is a set of dvd's...maybe you could make a post and see some of the P90x'ers results ..I saw one not long ago and it was amazing....:drinker: BeachBody.com makes it I believe
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    planks planks planks!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Adriane007
    Options
    It sounds like everybody has some good ideas-adding Pilates will definitely help-I took some classes at the gym and right now have been doing the Firm videos 5-6 days a weeks.

Nobody mentioned however one of my FAV things which is a stability ball trainer (not the small hand held ball but the big ball you sit on) I used to use them in step classes at the gym and just on my own-it is one of my favorite ways to do crunches, strectches etc. Put it between your feet and doing the lower leg lift crunches really work your lower abs. Just another suggestion.

You have been doing really awesome and I can definitely see your light shining through on your face. I say keep it up and you'll get there-thanks for being an inspiration!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Ker,

I had the same issue, I guess the only thing I can say is it's mostly there now (so close, I'm starting to see the 6-pack) maybe 3 more months and I'll be there!

What did I do? Besides dropping the weight of course.

Well, All kinds of Ab work, including, bicycle crunches, straight hip raises with leg lift aspects to it, Knee raises, lots of planks (work up to 1 minute at a time), plank variations like diagonal lift planks (opposite hand and foot extended). Weighted crunches (make sure to use correct form!), Oblique exercises (resistance bands are great for crossovers and such).

What you need to remember is, it's not about HOW many, it's about how your stomach feels at the end. Your abs should be burning by the time you are done, if they aren't you either weren't contracting while doing the exercise or you had poor form. Doing 80 crunches doesn't do anything for you if you do them with bad form. Put it this way, I only do about 30 to 40 crunches a day, every other day (along with usually 3 to 4 other ab exercises working different subsets of the core muscle group).

I work 4 days a week on my abs, you don't need much time off for abs, small muscle groups recover much faster, so 1 day off is all you need for most. Ironically I only do about 5 to 7 minutes on abs, because that's really all you need to do. My abs are ROCKS now, I'm doing more weighted stuff though, to increase size a bit.

Maybe this will help, I hope so.

-Banks
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    thanks guys! :drinker:

I'm going to stick with the pilates in the mornings and add planks and leg lifts to my ab workout every other day. hopefully I see some improvements :bigsmile: