Is it ok to dress up for a holiday even if no one else does?

Options
2»

Replies

• xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options

His parents love me now and like to parade my accomplishment around. It's actually kind of odd.

My MIL does this too... it feels nice but it's kinda weird. You look fantastic btw, great job!
    Also, if you feel comfortable dressing up when no one else is, go for it! If they judge you, well, who cares =) Have a great holiday!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Go ahead, do what makes ya feel good.. I dare ya:wink:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hun, you are hot...........end of story, that dress is the bomb.............

let em eat thier hearts out., you have lost 124 lbs and that is a milestone in itself............I AM SO PROUD OF YOU

I know the hell you went thru to get where you are...................

wear that dress with class, style and knowing that you went thru hell to wear it.........You are hot and they are all going to be jealous of you.............AWESOME JOB, Im so proud of you..................Lloyd
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Don't let others dress you down.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Wear it!!! :love: :love: :love: You have the right to bare arms. :wink:

I feel the same way. I love to dress up, but I live a jeans and sneakers lifestyle. So when it comes to holiday, I like having wearing something with a little shimmer, shine or sparkle. :happy:

Couldn't agree more!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love to dress up!! Nothing wrong with looking sharp! :bigsmile:
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    wear it - you look GREAT .... i dress up all the time and wear heels everyday (i suppose cause I have a corporate job) but i think it is important to wear things that make you feel great!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My vote: rock that dress!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    wear it :D
  • pnesabrina
    pnesabrina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The dress is great and it´s not thaaaat formal. You look great, you´ll feel great. By the way, I do the same. Some people use jeans for Christmas in my family and I always like to wear a beautiful dress and heels. Freedom for everyone...
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that you're asking the question means you might be uncomfortable in that particular dress if noone else is dressed up. Maybe something a little more toned down--sweaterdress? Nice skirt/boots/sweater or blouse? A slightly more causal dress? I mean you look great, but you want to be comfortable in whatever you're showing yourself off in :)

I think you and I are the only ones with this thought process. I completely agree with this.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think the fact that you're asking the question means you might be uncomfortable in that particular dress if noone else is dressed up. Maybe something a little more toned down--sweaterdress? Nice skirt/boots/sweater or blouse? A slightly more causal dress? I mean you look great, but you want to be comfortable in whatever you're showing yourself off in :)

I think you and I are the only ones with this thought process. I completely agree with this.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I absolutely say wear the dress! You should wear what you feel like. I think it's a lovely dress and the holidays are a perfect time to take pictures so please wear it!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    wear it! someone above said don't let others dress you down and its so true.
  • tegla
    tegla Posts: 132
    Options

I think perhaps you are asking because you are not used to being the beautiful butterfly of the group. Perhaps your self confidence hasn't caught up with you and you aren't used to feeling special. Well you are dangit!

IMO YESSSS Wear it! You look great! also Thanksgiving is a special occasion, and dressing nicely shows respect to the holiday and your in-laws. So it's more than just showing off (though that's certainly a righteous reason included). The dress is beautiful and so are you.

Have a terrific Thanksgiving!
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The dress looks great on you and I think you should totally wear it to Thanksgiving. I say, wear what makes you feel good. You have a lot to be proud of, so go ahead . . . . show it off!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    M
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous. Why hold back? I do not think the dress is overdone~it looks perfect for the occasion and it really shows of your figure.

Have fun :D
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    do it! dress up! :D the dress is amazing and you rock it, so why not?