Embracing my/your pear shape

Options
I know so many ladies out there are pear shaped. Meaning...narrow shoulders, skinny arms, narrow waist, big hips, chunky thighs....

How do u ladies embrace/love/hate your shape and curvy-ness???

Post pictures, show me your pear...tell me your experiences!

Mine:
1) I have the hardest time buying pencil skirts...if they fit at the waist they are tight at the hips and if they fit at the hips they don't fit my waist!!

2) I cant wear white pants

3) Scared to run in a swim suit

155966.image0.jpg

Replies

• inthebetween
    Options
    what's wrong with white pants?
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with white pants?

white pants make my already big thighs look even bigger!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be pear than apple! Pear is easier to hide.

DSC01889-1.jpg

A-line skirts!
    IMAG0652.jpg
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Your profile shows you in perfect proportion. Are you sure you are a pear?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    If the picture in your profile is you, embrace your shape -- you are beautiful
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be pear than apple! Pear is easier to hide.

DSC01889-1.jpg

A-line skirts!
    IMAG0652.jpg

Super cute outfit! and I don't think there is anything wrong with the pear shape. you're crazy if you think there is something wrong!! I'd love to be a pear!! (shape of course)
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I;ve only just started embracing mine. I wear alot of dresses that are fitted at the top half and loose from the waist down. Shows off my tiny waist but doesnt cling to my thighs.

However all the training I've been doing, my pear is getting less pearish :)
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Wow, Rachel. If I hadn't seen your face in the top picture, I would have thought that was me. We have almost identical proportions!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I LOVE that dress! Fabulous color, cut and shape on you! :heart:

I'm still bigger on bottom than up top, but significantly less pear shaped than I was about a year ago.

11-5-10.jpg
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I am a massive pear shape and I hate it because I can't find dresses that fit particularly well and I love dresses. They are usually too loose at the top and too tight at the bottom. I like dresses which have a high waist line and which flow down, it does wonders for my shape. I usually wear them with stockings / tights.
  • Sweet_Southern_Tea
    Options
    I love my shape! Even was I was at my biggest weight I still appeared smaller!
  • fatty2fit88
    Options
    Yes I am most definitely a pear!! A more accurate photo
    photo.jpg

I think it is hard for pear shaped people to pull of tight pants....as our legs are on the heavier side (well mine is in relation to the rest of my body!)

oh and raechel you look amazing!!!!!! ure so fit looking!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    6392144111_b1e99ba0ed.jpg
    6392144151_a6f40332b0_s.jpg
    6392144077_8de3a13895.jpg

all i have are a few crappy swim suit shots from my hubbys cell. hope its ok. different weightloss stages.

and ya i love who i am. i get cocky sometimes. mama thinks its funny her one armed daughter (out of 3) has always been the most confident. you'de think i wouldnt be. but i love me. gotta love who you are, only you get the privilege of being you.
  • fatty2fit88
    Options
    don't mean to be creepy but nice butt lani! yeah and I see that you are a pear too!! I feel like the last place for me to lose weight is my thighs!! at least us girls can rock sleeveless all the time!
  • wrevhn
    Options
    and... most men love booty. lol.

AND THANK YOU! :)

you btw, not sound creepy, have an ADORABLE FIGURE! LOVE IT!

NO WONDER HUBBY IS GETTING WORRIED WITH CURVES LIKE THOSE ;)
  • natalie1872
    Options
    I have only (this year) began to accept my pear shape. I've always hidden my figure.
    Thighs are the first place I gain weight and the last place I lose from.
    I have the ability to make flattering A-line skirts and dresses however I'd love to wear a pair of skinny jeans.....not going to happen.
    Most jeans gape at the back of the waist and look terrible.
    We're all different, I feel lucky that I can gain muscle easily and have strong legs to carry me.
    I would love to open a clothing store for us pear shaped ladies with flattering styles.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You ladies look beautiful to be pear shaped! I just started embracing it this year. J-Lo is my inspiration!!! Though I love my body and how it's improving.....it don't hurt to dream a little.

*Currently dreaming....*

:bigsmile:
  • wrevhn
    Options
    You ladies look beautiful to be pear shaped! I just started embracing it this year. J-Lo is my inspiration!!! Though I love my body and how it's improving.....it don't hurt to dream a little.

*Currently dreaming....*

:bigsmile:

thanks! and i'm with you in the jlo inspiration. hubby loves her butt. i'm sure you'll do great!
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i am just starting to have a pear shape (and proud to be!) i was very apple shaped when i first started in feb.

showoff-1.jpg
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a pear!! I'm an apple-- biggest in diameter around my GUT! :P