Breakthrough

Options
I've struggled with weight loss since the age of 13. . . never successfully. I've been on MFP for several months, but have only really been "doing it" for about 6 weeks. I've been extremely successful. This past Halloween was the first time in my "solid food" life that I didn't eat any (not ANY) candy. That was a major success for me. But now, as I am about to host a small gathering for Thanksgiving, I have "fallen" off the wagon.

Let me tell you, I have anticipated this holiday with a huge mix of dread and "moxy". (I beat Halloween, "the gateway to holiday eating". I CAN handle these holiday temptations!) But, yesterday I had a day-full of terrible cravings (not at all related to any temptation...just my body wanting to get its' fat back.) All I wanted to do was EAT! ALL DAY LONG. I gave in at about 8:00pm and I ATE. So, this morning, I awoke with the anticipation of the "guilt hangover". But, I realized, that beating myself up for a "slip" day was the worst thing I could do to myself. The emotional "game" I've been playing for years IS OVER! I WILL NOT beat myself up for being human. I will occasionally indulge in over eating. I will enjoy the holiday tomorrow. I am changing my eating habits for life, not dieting. Holidays are OK. Eating is OK. Occasional over eating does not mean I am a failure. It just means I am human. I am not a failure!

Enjoy your holiday!

Replies

• Marebare74
    Options
    Excellent attitude... If you keep this in mind you can reach your goals!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well said!! Enjoy your celebration! :flowerforyou:
  • VinniF
    VinniF Posts: 51
    Options
    If you are true to your commitment of "changing my eating habits for life, not dieting" then one day as an exception to an everyday dedicated change is not going to set you back. I suspect over time the cravings to over-eat will diminish too. Good luck on your journey!
  • comeon_skinnylove
    Options
    "I beat Halloween, "the gateway to holiday eating". I CAN handle these holiday temptations!"

- hmm, that's a good way to look at it! I beat halloween as well but am having a lot tougher of a time with Thanksgiving :/
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Exactly.