T.H.E. Team April 24-30 - Week 12

Options
obstacles-1.jpg

~CHANGE ~ It's inevitable ~

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin — real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
— Alfred D. Souza

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

HI! If you have stumbled upon this thread hoping for the magic formula for weight loss - here it is.

YOU are IT.
Please join us, jump in at any time , everyone is welcome here. We are a group of folks all trying our best to stay on track and we've found it is easier with friends.

We are mostly here to help each other and support each other and sometimes to kick each other in the rear. No matter your weight, or when you start, or how many challenges you face - we can at least listen.

Drink your water, log your food, eat sensibly and MOVE IT. Oh! We start a new thread every Friday.
Add your weight or measurements to our group if you would like. Or just eavesdrop. Either way.....

That about covers it.
:wink:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    obstacles-1.jpg

~CHANGE ~ It's inevitable ~

For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin — real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
    — Alfred D. Souza

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

HI! If you have stumbled upon this thread hoping for the magic formula for weight loss - here it is.

YOU are IT.
    Please join us, jump in at any time , everyone is welcome here. We are a group of folks all trying our best to stay on track and we've found it is easier with friends.

We are mostly here to help each other and support each other and sometimes to kick each other in the rear. No matter your weight, or when you start, or how many challenges you face - we can at least listen.

Drink your water, log your food, eat sensibly and MOVE IT. Oh! We start a new thread every Friday.
    Add your weight or measurements to our group if you would like. Or just eavesdrop. Either way.....

That about covers it.
    :wink:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Today is he big day!!!! although I need to drive to my dad's and get on the scale... Today is the day!!!!

weightloss6.jpg

Well Li4g - your daughter is absolutely beautiful and the baby is just so adorible... I wish I could see my grandson more often then I do... :cry: I really loved the picture of my daughter and her cousin I thought the same think when I saw it ... I made them both a copy for when they grow up.. They were born on the same day.. my sister in law was due oct 28th and I was due Dec 1 and she was 2 weeks late and I was 3 weeks early... and I had my daughter 2 hours before her... I swear they were talking to each other in our bellys :laugh: :laugh:

Well I will be back in a little bit I have to go pick up my uncle from the hospital and take him home.. Then I have to weigh in!!!! I go to the gym later cuz water areobics isnt until 5:30 so I will go at 3 to do the elliptical before but my calf is still hurting so I need to becarefull!! cuz vacation is right around the courner..
    see you all very soon

Shela
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Kristi & adopt4- Love the new pictures.

Sheila- glad your uncle is doing well

Anita- that was a cute but scary story about your boss’ mom.

CMR- sorry about the bum knee. Respect it though and give it rest. See the note to Lulu about shoes. I had a bum knee and it was a shoe issue.

LI4G- excellent job on the c25k. I remember when I did it I stayed with the program the first several weeks then I dove in. Not the smartest thing. Just driven I guess.

Lulu- Hope your feeling better.
    shoes for running…oh my favorites are asics kayano and mizuno wave runners. They are someone that needs the extra cushion. Here is the shoe deal. Go get fitted at a good running store for your first pair. Then once you know the perfect shoe for you you can order them off the internet for discounted last years model. Its worth the initial investment to get the right shoe.

Well I had a great week. Physically did my workouts once I was home from my vacation. Fuel wise- fueled well. Maybe a tad low but definitely ate good wholesome food. Mentally my head is in the right place. That is the biggest part. I have learned to accept myself and my differences.
    I have a long run scheduled for tomorrow. After that its time to taper down for the marathon. Next week will be a focus on storing fuel for the marathon and taking it easy on exercise for the week. I’ve done 2 triathlons (last year), 5 half-marathons (over 2 years), and this will be my first marathon. I think after my event I’ll go back to triathlon training but not for an event. Just a good well rounded exercise program. Have a great weekend all.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Prayerful ~ thanks for the tip on shoes ~ great idea. I walked in my new shoes this a.m. - they ate my sock:grumble: I will lace differently tomorrow and if that's not good, I'm returning them.

okay gang ~ I'll start~

lulubar - SW205/GW145/CW189 -no change

Had a flat week. S'alright, my body loves to settle in to change before moving on!:bigsmile:

CM - Love love love the Alfred Souza quote!!! We must remember to embrace what each day brings and live the moment!!! I am posting that quote on my mirror! You 'da best!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    cm, great way to start! I really like the quote!

lulubar - SW205/GW145/CW189 -no change
    stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 435 - lost two pounds

Well, I sometimes don't get my body. Obviously. All together, I had gained about six pounds on my "week off" which was really more like 8 or 9 days. So, this week, back on track, eating the same routine as before, good healthy, sticking to my goal of about 1700 to 1800 calories a day. Differences -lots more water
    almost no crystal light
    no junk
    exercise, regularly, but still, I started on Saturday, skipped Sunday, exercises Mon, Tue, Wed, made Thurs a light day, just crunches and some lower body. So, how between last Friday and this Friday do I lose what amounts to 8 pounds?? Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT complaining! :happy: :happy: But, I wish I understood why. Why was I up another pound last week? Ok, thats all. I have to be at work early today, so after a light breakfast, I am off. I will be doing some band work at work, since I won't have time this morning. Love you guys! Good luck! :heart:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good Morning team!!! I had fun reading thru everyone's end of week posts on last week's...

I'm not weighing in today TOM and boy am I bloated... I did weigh, technically, and there was no change, I take that as a good sign, means when the water retention goes away there will be a loss... trying do drink, drink, drink...

I didn't go to the gym and ended up way over cals (as in, ate my deficit) on dinner last night. But i learned from that, on days I don't go to the gym, PLAN and log ahead of time if necessary. I had originally planned on chicken, which is low cal, but then thought of mickey mouse choc chip pancakes for the kids and so we had pancakes, didn't realize how high in cal and sodium they are! (without choc chips and fun shapes for me). So even if I didn't lose any weight yesterday, I broke even, and learned from it which is the most important thing.

My ankle is still slowly getting better, I can almost walk without a limp. Which means, at least another week before I try wogging again... ugh... but, I'm very happy it's getting better and that I didn't seriously injure it.

Didn't get our tax refund yesterday like we were supposed to - WAAAAHHHHH. I called the IRS and they said at least another 2 weeks. I was really hoping... oh well.

Good advice on the shoes, I have decent shoes but not "fitted" you know, for any issues I might have, so I will go to a place and get my first pair (tax refund!) and then I can order them from them on. Never thought of that! When I did research on my ankle issue it said it's caused by improper pronation which shoes can fix... so if I"m going to wog and then run, I need the shoes. I have knee issues too, but amazingly enough have gone away since I've been building the muscles...
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi, quick note from work. adopt4, I tend to pronate, and my foot doctor recommended New Balance. I forget the exact name of the style, but it has a stablizer bar in it. If you go to the serious shoe store, or the New Balance store and ask for shoes designed for pronation, they will hook you up.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. 12 weeks wow...

So I know it's Friday but today I am not weighing myself.. I know I had a bad week and didn't get back on track till yesterday so I am not even going to torture myself.. I will weight till next Friday.. Had the hubby hide the scale.. It's just easier that way..

Hope everyone who weighs in has success...

Anita
  • stillkristi
    Options

So I know it's Friday but today I am not weighing myself.. I know I had a bad week and didn't get back on track till yesterday so I am not even going to torture myself.. I will weight till next Friday.. Had the hubby hide the scale.. It's just easier that way..

Anita

Morning, Nita. GLAD to see you are back on track! Next Friday will be a good day!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Anita

Morning, Nita. GLAD to see you are back on track! Next Friday will be a good day!

Thanks Kristi... Oh by the way, I love the new picture...
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Howdy everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I'm LOVING this weather we're having, finally, no rain!! :drinker:

I did a bunch of yard work last night, and needless to say, today my back is KILLING me! I created a huge flower bed, digging up all of the soil and then mixing it with fertilizer and more soil, and planted some plants. My hubby was mowing, or I'd have definitely made him do the digging! LOL
    My mom and dad are coming to visit me this weekend, and I can't wait! I'm going to have my mom help me plant some flowers tomorrow. We used to do that together every Mother's Day, and since I won't see her this year on that day, I figure she would like to do it while she's here. That's my theory anyway!

My husband and my dad are both playing on the Opry tonight and tomorrow night, and I'm really excited about that! Dad's even going to play fiddle, something I haven't heard him play in ages(but he's really good!). You can listen to them live at wsmonline.com . They'll be playing with Mike Snider. Um, I think they play at 8:30PM tonight, and 7:30 and 10PM tomorrow night, Nashville time of course!

Ok, enough of that mess. It's been really crazy busy this week at work, and I'm not liking it one bit. I seriously feel like I'm the only one with any responsibilities...anytime something needs to be done, mysteriously it gets assigned to me. Oh well, job security I guess!

I didn't weigh in this morning, I think I'll wait a week. Aside from yard work and the occasional walk, I've been terrible about working out this week. Next week will be better!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! :tongue:
  • stillkristi
    Options
    This is pretty funny. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4tugPM83c
  • adopt4
    Options
    Well, I sometimes don't get my body. Obviously. All together, I had gained about six pounds on my "week off" which was really more like 8 or 9 days. So, this week, back on track, eating the same routine as before, good healthy, sticking to my goal of about 1700 to 1800 calories a day. Differences -lots more water
    almost no crystal light
    no junk
    exercise, regularly, but still, I started on Saturday, skipped Sunday, exercises Mon, Tue, Wed, made Thurs a light day, just crunches and some lower body. So, how between last Friday and this Friday do I lose what amounts to 8 pounds??

Sodium - on vacation you ate out a lot and the sodium I am sure was high, takes a while to flush it out of the body...crystal light and any other sweet thing can raise insulin levels even though it's not sugar, your body can be fooled into "thinking" it's eating sugar, don't ask my why, but that can also increase weight... water retention.

I've personally seen sodium alone (eating Chinese out!) make me puff up like a balloon on the scale and "gain" over 5 pounds, the next day or two, it flushes out if I'm good with my water, and back down it goes.
  • adopt4
    Options
    Back from the gym, did the elliptical for 45 mins at level 6 keeping the speed up to 6-7 the entire time, taking 2 - 3 min breaks of going backwards at a slower speed... whew! The trainer cornered me and wants to meet next week... ok, good time to get my numbers. Heck, if he's willing to work with me for free, I'll take it!

I'm on week 3 day 2 of the situps challenge... had to do it twice before I could actually do what they wanted me to do, so i"m going to do it one more day before moving on. Tried the push up challenge... ummm... not yet! Got some work to do!

I haven't had a problem with waking up with sore hips/back in over a week, I'm so happy! I thought it was maybe the mattress, but no, it was me! My lower back is really starting to do what it's supposed to do, I notice when I'm laying down that it actually touches the bed (like it's supposed to!). Very excited about that change. And my neck looks even different today from a few days ago, guess that's where the weight is coming off from... i"m actually looking forward to getting a family picture taken!

I skipped yesterday, as I said earlier, and today woke up just a-rearin' to go, and really pushed myself on the elliptical. It was actually fun! So I guess sometimes the brain needs a day off even when the body doesn't. I'm seriously thinking about a spin class... but I don't know, am I ready for a high intensity class? I dont' see any 240 pound people coming out of that class....
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I'm seriously thinking about a spin class... but I don't know, am I ready for a high intensity class? I dont' see any 240 pound people coming out of that class....

Do it! Its a blast. It's intense! Its worth it.
    I'm a big girl and I do it. I refuse to let my weight hold me back anymore. I did it for too many years. The last 2 years have been freeing!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Back from the gym, did the elliptical for 45 mins at level 6 keeping the speed up to 6-7 the entire time, taking 2 - 3 min breaks of going backwards at a slower speed... whew! The trainer cornered me and wants to meet next week... ok, good time to get my numbers. Heck, if he's willing to work with me for free, I'll take it!

I'm on week 3 day 2 of the situps challenge... had to do it twice before I could actually do what they wanted me to do, so i"m going to do it one more day before moving on. Tried the push up challenge... ummm... not yet! Got some work to do!

I haven't had a problem with waking up with sore hips/back in over a week, I'm so happy! I thought it was maybe the mattress, but no, it was me! My lower back is really starting to do what it's supposed to do, I notice when I'm laying down that it actually touches the bed (like it's supposed to!). Very excited about that change. And my neck looks even different today from a few days ago, guess that's where the weight is coming off from... i"m actually looking forward to getting a family picture taken!

I skipped yesterday, as I said earlier, and today woke up just a-rearin' to go, and really pushed myself on the elliptical. It was actually fun! So I guess sometimes the brain needs a day off even when the body doesn't. I'm seriously thinking about a spin class... but I don't know, am I ready for a high intensity class? I dont' see any 240 pound people coming out of that class....

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Also, good job about all your progress! I see from your ticker you met one of your interim goals back at the beginning of the month! Good job!!! And, I hear you about the neck. I posted a couple of pics of me on my profile just because of the difference in my neck and chins. :embarassed: Its getting closer to one chin, but not there yet.

And, prayerful mom, GREAT ADVICE! Time for us all to live our lives, not just watch them go by.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well, I just updated my ticker for the first time since April 9th. Decided I would weigh in at the gym and see just how "bad" it was gonna be. Im down 4 pounds which puts me at the 30 mark, so I was pretty excited to see that drop. I did pop on the scale last week, but didnt log anything because I didnt see any major change. After coming back from my trip and having a visit from Aunt flo, I figured Id give myself another week before I took the scale seriously anyway. Adopt4 was there last week when I popped on it. I wasnt too disappointed, but wasnt thrilled either. This morning when I got on we both looked at eachother like "WHAT?!" and I had to step off and step back on again just to be sure I was seeing it right. I thought things were slowing down, but aparently they are doing ok now that I've change the routine to include regular wogging 3 times a week.

Kristi- Definitely water weight gain. Theres no way you can gain 8lbs of fat in a week unless you were binging on unhealthy stuff for your whole trip, which I remember you saying you werent. Congrats on seeing the scale back to normal! :laugh: Keep up the exercises and the good work!

Dwray- Yard work is a workout all on its own! :laugh: Make sure you include that as exercise in your daily food budget. I dont blame you for not working out when your doing that. Diging, mowing, weeding... all of that is muscle building exercise. Im pretty sure thats why my arms are toning up nicely and have been the first thing to come back. We relandscaped out back yard last year and I was out there every day doing some sort of weeding, raking, shoveling every day for about 3 months so I had the base muscles to start with. Im gonna be outside today also planting peas, beans and lettuce and spraying some weeds. No more pulling for me, Ive done just about all I can do unless I wanna use the pick ax to dig up some stuff. Easier to spray it, kill it, then dig it.. :wink:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Well Team Here it goes.. you will be so proud..

SW 317 / GW 150 / CW 292 / 5 more pounds LOST yippie
    Dancing78.gif

I am over 25 pound lost since I have started!!! March 2, 2009 and 35 pounds since Feb 1, 2009 yippie

and I can almost button them size 24 jean shorts I am so close that I can taste it!!!

Well my stubbern Uncle just came home from the hospital today and he wanted to go camping!! he said the dr said he could LOL ... man is he stubbern... can sit and rest for 5 minutes when he just had another stent put in yesterday Hello is he crazy or what... he isnt supose to do anything except sit and rest...

here is an acward momment in my intire life.. My father wanted to ride with me to get my uncle from the hospital so I picked him up and we go up to the hospital and we are sitting in my uncles room and him and my father are remenssing about old times and new times and the nurse tell my uncle he cant have sex for three days and my uncle say not sure how I am going to handle that... I am going to be 60 on my birthday and I still have sex everyday... my father says I am going to be 70 on my birthday... and my uncle says well are you still rocken it!!! I was like bla bla bla I dont want to hear that... hello I am the baby... although I am 38 I still dont want to hear that... LOL I was so glad to drop them both off... although after I droped my uncle off and on my way to take my father back home we drove the long way like we use to drive to my grandma's house and we had a great talk... It was nice bonding time...

Talk to you all later...

Sheia
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Sheila and Kristi.

How come everyone is bailing on the weigh-ins?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    lurking here-- hope you don't mind the post--

Way to go, Sheila-- keep it going!!!!!!!