What's your favourite new to you healthy food?

Options
AmyG1982
AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
Mine is roasted chickpeas and fresh pineapple!

Replies

• jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Pomegranate! Crunchy and sweet. I'm in love. Roasted chickpeas are pretty awesome too.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash...LOVE it!!
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    how do you roast chickpeas?
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    And quinoa...
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Kohlrabi. Uncooked or cooked.
  • treeniemarie
    treeniemarie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Those rice cakes, by quaker, the mini snack ones, lol
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

I buy a can of them, drain them, dry them mix them in a bowl with a tbsp or 2 of olive oil and my favourite seasonings (I use seasoning salt and chilli pepper) and bake them on a baking sheet at 350 for 40-60 min. Stir them every 10 min or so. just make sure they don't burn. Im still trying to work out the best timing...
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    fish, lol. odd I know but I had never tried it before, there were many recipes for all different kinds of fish in one of my diet books, so I tried it and found out that I love it! I have fish about 2 times a week now for dinner.. Also spinach..recently tried it for the first time as well, love it!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato!! I'm on such a baked sweet potato kick! I had one for lunch today and I kinda wish I made another one for dinner, lol.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Oven at 425.

Open, drain and rinse a can of chickpeas (or use dried ones that have been soaked). Let them dry or pat them dry thoroughly. Drizzle with a little olive oil (it doesn't take much, like a teaspoon for a whole can) and sprinkle with your favourite seasonings. My favourite so far: salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and Club House Spicy Mesquite (maybe half a teaspoon of each?). Roast for 30-45min, stirring every 10min, until they shrink and are crunchy all the way through (the middles should not be soft!).
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Almond butter on apple cinnamon or caramel corn rice cakes!
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just got this new blender so I have been making a lot of fresh healthy smoothies in the morning with frozen strawberries or mango or blueberries, half banana,, lactaid milk and chocolate soy milk. I eitehr put in greek vanilla yogurt or a scoop of whey protein powder. It gets me through my morning workouts.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    baked sweet potato!!! my FAVE`
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    "Curried lentils and red beans.
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Edamame, I take it for lunch with alittle mustard.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason's Monster Meatloaf recipe. I LUV it. I also started throwing "CHIA" seeds in my chobani yogurt. They're high in fiber and give the yummy greek yogurt a nice crunch. Combined it's good protein and fiber.
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    whole grain cheerios with vanilla protein shake for milk.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!!! Chobani to be exact is my new favorite thing:bigsmile:
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fruit and granola. I layer it in little mason jars and then add the granola just before eating. I think they look cute layered and I save money instead of buying individual yogurts.
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Grilled portabella mushrooms. A tiny bit of EVOO, some balsamic vinegar, garlic .. mmmm.