attention, good vs bad

Options
claire_xox
claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
So since I have lost most of my weight the amount of attention I get has massively jumped. I don't want to sound full of myself but strangers comment nearly every day (beforehand there was nothing!) and those kinda sorta friends all of a sudden seem to care a lot more about me. Who else experiences this? It annoys me so much because I'm still the EXACT same person and kinda feel if I wasn't good enough then why am I now just for being a bit lighter?
Stupid thing to complain about I guess and my self esteem is improving as a result but at the same time I get annoyed. I'm still the shy insecure fat girl inside and hate thinking people only like me cause I'm not that fat girl on the outside anymore lol.

I know people are superficial but argh. just needed to rant.
One thing it has taught me though is to really NOT judge on appearence

Replies

• meowmows
    Options
    I actually have noticed this same thing haha. It's nice sometimes though because it's like now I actually get the chance to talk to new people and things like that. The bad part is that I hate that I've known some of these people for years and I'm only getting the time of day now because I look better than I did.

At the same time some people I never knew well or anything and maybe now they actually do still just like my personality and whatnot.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of people as superficial. People are all unique and react in all kinds of ways. I think many are standoffish from heavy people because somewhere in their minds they know, that could so easily be me. Be proud of what you've done for your own sake and don't give up on people.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Just always remember those you knew who didn't give you the time of day before.
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    it's a mix - I know exactly what you mean, maybe it's a confidence thing now too - as you'll be carrying yourself differently and a little more confident and people notice it. I know when I was at my heaviest I began to sink in to the background when I used to be the most outgoing in our group of friends. But since beginning to shape up and gym more I feel more like my older self and people notice that.

to be fair though you're looking gorgeous in your pictures so no wonder people are complimenting you!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i have never been too big, but have had plenty bad attention...i know you are not bragging or arrogant...i have guys i met years wgo and have not seen nor initiated conversation who will contact me checking up...i have had to move because of stalking.....just watch yourself at ALL HOURS...stay in wealthy areas...do not go out at night alone...i think the smaller you get, the more vulnerable you become
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    i have never been too big, but have had plenty bad attention...i know you are not bragging or arrogant...i have guys i met years wgo and have not seen nor initiated conversation who will contact me checking up...i have had to move because of stalking.....just watch yourself at ALL HOURS...stay in wealthy areas...do not go out at night alone...i think the smaller you get, the more vulnerable you become

Lol!! Thanks for he luaghs!
  • AnoukDoutyBatya
    Options
    I totally share the same experience. It's difficult, but flattering at the same time. It's sometimes hard to wrap my mind around it, cause in my head I'm still heavier... I guess this feeling will go away after a while and we get used to the attention ;) .