Melt Down

Options
I have been logging for 25 days, as of Sunday had lost 10 lbs, today have gained back 8 of those for some reason. I started exercising a few days ago, first time in many years. Been eating healthy for the past few weeks, until last night. I have a kitchen full of food to fix for Thanksgiving, today is the day, it is already 6:30 am and I have not started one thing! I have two sons that are expecting me to have all this stuff fixed and ready today and here I sit just crying. I cannot seem to move to get it done. I just want to go back to bed and not get up. It just feels like too much for me right now. i am a single mom, lost both parents and my brother all within the past 5 years. i always made the entire holiday meals for the whole family. now it is just me and the boys and I am just struggling. i didn't think i would be, catching me totally by surprise. i think what pushed it was working so hard for almost a month and seeing all the weight just come back on and not really seeing a reason for it.

Replies

• elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you are going through all this.

Can you pick yourself up for now, and fake it for the next few hours? And are any stores open near by, that you could buy rather than make some food?

Try not to worry about the scale fluctuations - it happens to most normal people :)

I hope your day gets better. xx
  • ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Do not worry at all. This is a common thing with most of us here. Gaining those extra lost pounds can be for a couple of reasons. Basically your BMR would have decreased or the extra calories that you'd've stuffed unknowingly and so on.

What is more important is that do not lose the catch and keep going and mostly do not rely completely on the weigh scale as that doesnt measure your fat but your overall weight (which includes the water level in your body too).

Keep smiling. :-) Strengthen yourself and keep going.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am not surprised you are struggling! That is a huge amount to go through in a short space of time. It's still early. Go and have a cry, then a cup of tea and then see how you feel. If you can't cope, take the children out and make the day exciting in some other way. Family occasions are the worst times to miss people. Just do what you can. It's not a competition, you aren't letting anyone down.
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Take it easy on yourself Girl!!! I think it's more likely that you're retaining water than that you've gained eight pounds back that quickly. And if I'm wrong, so be it. Every day is a new day. Just don't give up. I used to be a single mom so I know how overwhelming that can be. One day at a time. And I'm so sorry for your loss my friend. You deserve to grieve. But also don't forget to celebrate the days you have with those two wonderful boys who I am sure bring many, many smiles to your beautiful face in the run of a day. You're taking the right steps......now just keep going......and never, never give up.
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! Will take comments to heart and keep pluggin! It's a new day and I am really thinking I have a lot of water retention. Had my turkey sandwich this morning and that's it for T-day food! Will eat turkey breast sensibly and load up on salads and the norm - let the boys eat the leftovers - LOL! On to decorating the house for Christmas and perhaps raking leaves - should burn some calories!!
  • fifi888
    fifi888 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, girl! Sorry you were having such a hard time. Hope you are having a better day today! I didn't even get on the scales yesterday (or today). :\
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Go for the leaf raking. Last week, my HRM showed I burned 259 calories raking for 30 minutes.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have been logging for 25 days, as of Sunday had lost 10 lbs, today have gained back 8 of those for some reason. I started exercising a few days ago, first time in many years. Been eating healthy for the past few weeks, until last night. I have a kitchen full of food to fix for Thanksgiving, today is the day, it is already 6:30 am and I have not started one thing! I have two sons that are expecting me to have all this stuff fixed and ready today and here I sit just crying. I cannot seem to move to get it done. I just want to go back to bed and not get up. It just feels like too much for me right now. i am a single mom, lost both parents and my brother all within the past 5 years. i always made the entire holiday meals for the whole family. now it is just me and the boys and I am just struggling. i didn't think i would be, catching me totally by surprise. i think what pushed it was working so hard for almost a month and seeing all the weight just come back on and not really seeing a reason for it.
    Sounds like your body hasn't digested the food and is waste in your intestines also water weight don't fret drink lots of water and keep exercising.