not seeing the point anymore

Options
2»

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    What is your Body Fat %?

You can lose a ton of weight and drop BF% and look soft or you can weight train while dropping fat to maintain and build a little muscle.
    Cardio 3 times a week can help pull that BF% down too!

Also it's a good idea to open up your diary if you look for help on the forums.
    That way we can see what your macros look like and make suggestions.
    =D
  • jnuchaeli
    jnuchaeli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PUT TWO TWENTY POUND WEIGHTS IN A BACK PACK AND CARRY IT AROUND FOR ONE DAY. YOU WILL BE AMAZED. YOU MAY NOT SEE DIFFERENCE ON OUTSIDE, PUT TRUST ME YOUR BODY IS THANKING YOU ON THE INSIDE.
  • mandemonious
    mandemonious Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. 40 lbs is great!!

I agree with other posters regarding body dysmorphia. Sometimes it even comes down to the day I am having. If it is a good one, I can appreciate my weight loss and see differences in my body. I see it a whole thing that is improving.

When I am having a stressful day or I've made poor food choices, I see the fat.....arms, legs, belly....singling out problem areas and feeling still the "fat girl." It's a process. It's not just our bodies we are healing, for many it is also our minds and our thinking process. As with anything, it's one day at a time. Breaking old negative habits and building new positive ones. Positive thinking and confidence isn't something many of us are taught as kids and it's a real pain in the *kitten* to learn as an adult.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    This is pretty common paradigm/self image issue for a lot of people. (terms like 'body dysmorphia' get tossed around on the forums rather hap hazzardly) Some people's body's keep the same shape even while it is shrinking. This can be very deceiving as the process takes so long that our perspective is skewed. Seeing ourselves everyday makes us a poor judge as we absorb the visual changes. I have fairly broad shoulders for being 5'10. The plus side is I carry a few extra pounds well, the down side is my body keeps the same shape (although smaller) until I get down the detail level.

I also agree that taking pics every 10 to 15 lbs you will see a difference. At 40 pounds you do look different and your health is better and that is the ultimate reason to continue. Stick with it...you will see the changes you want!
  • omg I just signed in and saw the flood of replies. you guys are great really :D I'm sure body dysmorphia plays a part in it. Well I know it does... But i'm working on that one step at a time. TBH i haven't really exercised at all :X just yoga. I just downloaded all the p90x series though, will that be effective for flab? are there any other training programs out there that i should check into?