Why I love Squats, Walking Lunges, etc

Options
2»

Replies

• jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    so... i'm gay- refering to someone who looks gay as gay isn't offensive :p LOL just saying- its ok, really :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great job.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    LMAO! OK so I am not a girl but I am ecstatic over my new "tight" buns!

One of the reasons is that now it is my wife who will reach out and give my hinny a pinch as I walk by! No longer is it just me giving her a little pinch!!!

A great NSV!
  • SheRa1964
    Options
    Congrats to you and your new butt! :)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Pictures are required for this post...
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    LOL at least I had the "gay" part right

Fansofsummer: There really was no "program" - I just pretty much quit doing cardio - well except maybe a 5 minute warm up and a 15-20 minute jog when I was finished with my strength workouts. I heard that for every pound of muscle you gain, your body can burn up to 120 more calories per day- So I've been hooked!

My lower body workouts are psycho, but they have worked!
    usually a mix of 4 of the following

Leg Extensions
    Leg Presses
    Leg Presses with your feet at different angles
    Squats
    Squats with weights
    Squats with weights with your feet at different angles - including jumping squats
    Walking Lunges
    Walking Lunges with weights
    Deadlifts
    Deadlifts with full squats

That should cover it?

Saksgirl, you say that you stopped doing cardio, almonst. Are you already pretty lean and at your goal weight/size? I just recently started doing some weight traiining and I'm still prob 30/40 lbs overweight. I'm hoping to tone and maybe build some muscle to assist in my fat burn. I'm lifting heavy three days a week and then do cardio on days in between. I know I'm already tightening up because my hubby popped me on the bum the other day and commented on how "tight" it was :happy: !! Unfortunately it still block the sun on a pretty day!! LOL

I'm attempting to stay away from the scale because right now I feel really "puffy" for lack of a better word and I know that if I stay with it it will start to show in measurements but I can't figure out where I need to be on cardio. Limited, alot.......................Any suggestion?

Actually, I quit paying attention to the scale when I realized that I was gaining weight. In my opinion the only negative about strength training is that if you are doing it right, it's NOT scale friendly. I know I still need to lose more "weight," BUT since starting training I've lost 2 clothing sizes and tons of inches. I've toned up a lot. I truely believe that the scale is crap - it's only 1 measurement of what you weigh and truthfully 1lb of dirt weighs the same as 1lb of diamonds! (Yes, that last line was stolen from a post a long time ago!) haha

My suggestion to you... obviously whatever you are doing is working! Especially if your hubby commented on your butt! Keep it up! Mix up your routines too! The only two constants that my trainer has me doing is my 5 minute cardio warm up and 15/20 minutes of intense cardio when I'm finished training and he makes sure that during my training I KEEP MOVING consistantly! It's so easy to get on one machine, do 3 sets and move on... but you should treat it almost like a circuit? Do 1 set on 1 machine, then move on to another and then to another and then to another and then go back to the first and do it all over again! I've noticed that no matter what body part I'm working out, I'm getting an amazing workout because 1. There is no down time so it's almost like cardio (in a way) and 2. I'm able to go heavier because I'm only doing 1 set before doing another exercise.

I hope this helps!!!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    2vA1a.png?1313349760

He died 20 years ago today! He had a good *kitten* too........just sayin!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Pics of said rear ends? ;]
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pictures are required for this post...
    Pics of said rear ends? ;]

When it shrinks a size pics will follow!!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Be proud of what you've worked for!
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Your post makes me want to do squats and lunges more!!!!! I want to love my *kitten* too!!!:laugh:

^^Ditto
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    LMAO! OK so I am not a girl but I am ecstatic over my new "tight" buns!

One of the reasons is that now it is my wife who will reach out and give my hinny a pinch as I walk by! No longer is it just me giving her a little pinch!!!

A great NSV!

She smaking that *kitten* LOL :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!