Sabotaged!!

Options
I mentioned to my colleague on Monday that I am using this program to attempt to live a healthier life and shed some excess weight. I then skipped the free lunch we got with our training on Wednesday and told her it was because I preferred to get something more healthy instead. We both left just after lunch that day and I was off on Thursday (we work weekends so get days off in the week). She was off today but when I got to work she had left some cookies on my desk with a note saying her mom baked them... Talk about trying to sabotage me!!! I couldn't leave them for her as she would be insulted and take it out on me for months (she is super sensitive) so I brought them home. Have not eaten any yet but suspect they will all go before tomorrow is over!!

Her partner comments to her that she should lose weight and she tried Herbalife for a while but gave up, so she can't have me looking good when he stops by the office or it will make her look bad!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! She is going to be one of the hardest challenges for me to stick with this!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    LOL my boss felt the same way about me.
    Then all of us went on a health food kick!
    =D
    Healthy can spread!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    cookies love the trash can! No reason to bring them home if you don't want to eat them! :wink: :flowerforyou:
    Or maybe she wasn't paying much attention when you were telling her about your weight loss efforts - then did a nice thing by bringing you delicious cookies?

My wish is that more MFPeeps assume that scrumptious party food offered to them is a token of the holiday spirit and not because they are trying to make you fat/and or are jealous.

We will all be happier if we just assume only the best about others and continue to make good food choices for ourselves.

And learn to graciously say, "No, thank you."

I very much agree, kindness is typically my first thought when someone is being kind to me in whatever fashion. I never have thought 'oh they're sabotaging ME! They want me to fail!' I hear that a lot on here but to me it's your friend being kind and sharing, it's the Holiday, some feel the attitude of giving is a good thing.

If someone gives you something you can't use, don't eat, are allergic too or whatever reason that it happens to be, there's no reason to keep the item particularly if it will cause issues in the future.

I wouldn't go so far as to dump her cookies at work, but there are many trash cans on the way home or better yet, I used the run water on the food method myself (some below shared this..and does it EVER work!!). Simply throwing them away at home, they can be dug out in a moment of sugar mania, taking them home..nah! Bet you have a sink at work you can run water on them and they disappear before you put your coat back on.

Mm mm Delicious looking cookies! Likely all you have to say if anything needs to be said to the giver.

I think this is something you learn over time, you accept gifts graciously but you don't have to fully accept them (as in eat them etc.). I too very much believe not everyone in the world is out to get those of us that have adapted our eating habits.:tongue::flowerforyou:
    LOL my boss felt the same way about me.
    Then all of us went on a health food kick!
    =D
    Healthy can spread!
    Love it!!:bigsmile:
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I probably would have said "Oh man, these look SO good, but too bad they're not on my diet. I'll take a bite because they look so scrumptious, but if you pass the word to the other coworkers that I've got free cookies at my desk, I'll bet they're gone in seconds!"
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Toss 'em - the cookies, that is. People sabotage in order to self-justify their own bad eating choices and/or because they are jealous. Sad. Best wishes to you with that, because those types are all around us.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Its ok to throw the cookies away! And nicely tell her that while you appreciate the thought, you would prefer that she not leave you gifts of food.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    If you really don't want these in your diet.. bring them home and give them to the neighbours. Or just bin them if you don't have any obliging neighbours!
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    give them away to someone who will appreciate them, or put them straight in the bin....crumble them for the bird...If that is the REAL reason for them why would you want them...they are just sugar, flour...get them out...even if your cals allow you to eat them, don't on prINCIPAL!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Give her an invitation to MyFitnessPal with a fresh shiny apple
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Give them away! i've thrown things out too. if it's fit for the trash can, then it's certainly NOT fit for your body, right? don't feel bad. she won't know the difference :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I mentioned to my colleague on Monday that I am using this program to attempt to live a healthier life and shed some excess weight. I then skipped the free lunch we got with our training on Wednesday and told her it was because I preferred to get something more healthy instead. We both left just after lunch that day and I was off on Thursday (we work weekends so get days off in the week). She was off today but when I got to work she had left some cookies on my desk with a note saying her mom baked them... Talk about trying to sabotage me!!! I couldn't leave them for her as she would be insulted and take it out on me for months (she is super sensitive) so I brought them home. Have not eaten any yet but suspect they will all go before tomorrow is over!!

Her partner comments to her that she should lose weight and she tried Herbalife for a while but gave up, so she can't have me looking good when he stops by the office or it will make her look bad!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! She is going to be one of the hardest challenges for me to stick with this!
    Tell her about this site and ask her to join you as a diet buddy.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Healthy can spread!
    [/quote]

I like the saying.... you are only as good as the friends you keep!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    cookies love the trash can! No reason to bring them home if you don't want to eat them! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Definitely! Tell her you'll eat them later, then bin them at home............she'll never know (unless she reads this)......

Sue :smile:
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Soak them in water and trash them!!!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Or maybe she wasn't paying much attention when you were telling her about your weight loss efforts - then did a nice thing by bringing you delicious cookies?

My wish is that more MFPeeps assume that scrumptious party food offered to them is a token of the holiday spirit and not because they are trying to make you fat/and or are jealous.

We will all be happier if we just assume only the best about others and continue to make good food choices for ourselves.

• lisabee13
    Options
    I would thank her for the delicious cookies, then secretly give them to someone else... everyone wins!
  • Platoonmom2004
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Give her an invitation to MyFitnessPal with a fresh shiny apple

I love this idea!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I doubt it was an attempt to sabotage you. Sometimes, people give treats to people because they think they might enjoy them. Everyone deserves a treat sometimes.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options

^^^this
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i honestly would have given them away to someone asking for food on the street .. if there wasn't someone to them too..
    maybe to the trash can they would go
  • KenMadere
    KenMadere Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If this was a friend guesture, I would eat one of the cookies and put the rest in the freezer or frig. Then tell her that you enjoyed the cookie and will save the others for latter. One cookie would add less than one tenth of a pound. I think trying to lose weight has bigger challenges than this.