Secret Santa ? What to buy for £10 ? Suggestions Please!

Options
Yeah that time of the year again!

Basically im useless at buying anything never mind a present for someone i dont even know!

But its a work thing and i got sucked into it like everyone else!

Must buy an item with a max budget of £10

Has to be funny but not too lame if you know what i mean?

Replies

• rochey1098
    Options
    Buy them something awful just to see the certificate smile :ohwell:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Can't you just get them a voucher?
  • LemonPoppySeedMuffin
    Options
    Yeah that time of the year again!

Basically im useless at buying anything never mind a present for someone i dont even know!

But its a work thing and i got sucked into it like everyone else!

Must buy an item with a max budget of £10

Has to be funny but not too lame if you know what i mean?

Bump. Doing this this year too! Home Bargains have actually got good stuff for girls. I think I'm going to give my friend face masks, big bar of chocolate, bath stuff & a manicure set :)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    play.com has lots of cheap ideas if you are in the uk
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    A starbucks coffee mug with 6 individual coffees in canada is $12.00 maybe under 10 pounds in the uk. Or a teg mug with a box of nice tea.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Lush do a secret santa gift. https://phoenix.lush.co.uk/product/5717/Secret-Santa-Red-Gift
    Leaves cash for a small box of chocs or something.
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i've just been secret santa shopping myself. assuming the gifts are to be exchanged at a team/company party at which some level of alcohol will be consumed, i always favour something cute and silly that can be worn for the rest of the evening :) cheap feather boas have been successful in the past and this year i think i'm settling on one of the little burlesque style mini top hat (Amazon have some cheap ones) but there are lots of ideas in the hats arena. i nearly got a great looking fez though :)

(BTW: i work in software and am buying for someone in a mainly male dept. strangely, the silly female fripperies still go down very well :D )
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    A silly coffee mug filled with home made cookies or chocolates? A comic desk calendar? A "stress relief" ball/head/pillow?
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    One of the cutest gifts I ever got was a package of batteries. In fine print underneath, it said "gift not included"
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    One of the cutest gifts I ever got was a package of batteries. In fine print underneath, it said "gift not included"

LMAO!!! :-D
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    bump
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Are you buying male or female? Or so you not know?

I would go for sweets, chocolate, etc - but thats what I like to get lol! Not silly or funny though. x
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    a tea defuser and loose tea is always a great hit I think and you should be able to find something for around that...
  • jk_proonps3
    Options
    Are you buying male or female? Or so you not know?

I would go for sweets, chocolate, etc - but thats what I like to get lol! Not silly or funny though. x

A male who i barely know
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    go to the mall where all the calendars are, i am getting my secret santa a betty white one ! going to be soo funny when he opens it