help me not to weigh today!

Options
ok, so yesterday started great! i worked out hard and began thanksgiving with resolve not to over-indulge. well that went out the window as soon as the cheese plate came out! i ate all throughout the day and went to bed feeling full and uncomfortable. by the way - haven't felt full like that in a long long time! yes, i know that is what we do on thanksgiving, so i'm ok with it and am moving on. today is a new day and i will be right back on track! im considering throwing away some of the tempting leftovers. thoughts on this? my real challenge today is not to get on that scale. i'm one of those weigh every day even twice a day people. i need your help my friends to stay off that digital devil today!!!!!!!

Replies

• PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hopped on, out of habit, and lemme tell you, it was not pretty!!!! I know it's water weight since it's like impossible to gain 2lbs of fat overnight but oooooohhh it kinda gave me a mini heart attack!!!! dont do it!
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I was just about to go and weigh in but I think I will wait until next Friday and then weigh in.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Oh Geez... You know better than to get on that scale! If you weigh everyday you know what a little too much salt will do. PLEASE do not do it!!
  • heatherdills
    heatherdills Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I could not resist either, but was pleasantly surprised. I actually lost! I did work out twice though because I felt guilty....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You know it won't show a real gain, so don't worry about it. Please don't let a small and temporary gain derail you. They happen sometimes. It isn't the end of the world.

You're fine. :flowerforyou:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I weighed in. I was actually proud of myself b/c I am only up 2 pounds which I know isn't actual fat gain! Just do it and find out. It'll actually probably help keep you on track through the rest of the weekend!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Don't throw away food. If you don't want it, give it away to someone who will eat is. Everyone isn't lucky enough to have leftovers.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My hubby hid the scales, so I did not weigh in this morning! Isn't he sweet! ;)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I made myself throw out some leftovers...had to! Also, I wanted to weigh today but am waiting a week. By then, I will have been back on track awhile, and my sodium levels and bloating will be down. :)
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And - instead of throwing away the leftovers why don't you spend your time weighing out portions and making sure to put the contents, calories, and date on the freezer bag and freeze what you can? Also, maybe if you have kids that are school-age, have them invite their friends over and put out a spread for the kids to munch on... just trying not to waste any of that food.

I weigh every day... I feel your pain.. my celebration is not until tomorrow because I had to work yesterday and today, but I will NOT be stepping on that scale on Sunday OR Monday... my weigh in day is Thursday and I am going to put the scale away until at least Tuesday!

Enjoy!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I too jumped on the scale this moring and I felt like jumping on it until it broke! what was I thinking? really, did I expect it to be down? heck no not with my day yesterday (I'm not proud).

Kristina
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and I am down.

Please don't throw away food. Portion it out the leftovers and freeze it so you don't continue to pick at it. Or give it to someone less fortunate. Throwing away Thanksgiving food is really against the whole being thankful for what we have idea, isn't it?
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Why are you so scared to weigh yourself? Just do it and get it over with. All that fretting is going to cause you to get the nibbles and batter yourself and give you a stressful day/week/whatever. You know it might be higher, but it might be lower too. If you weigh everyday you already know your weight fluctuates. Go see what it fluctuated to so you know what you need to do. If it is up several pounds, drink water, if it is only up a little, work out, drink water and watch the calories. If it is the same, no fretting! Business as usual.
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I would wait to hit the scale until next week. Give yourself some slack for yesterday, and move forward! Scales aren't a true reflection of our health, fitness, energy levels anyway. (You may have more muscle-and muscle weighs more than fat)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and I am down.

Please don't throw away food. Portion it out the leftovers and freeze it so you don't continue to pick at it. Or give it to someone less fortunate. Throwing away Thanksgiving food is really against the whole being thankful for what we have idea, isn't it?

^ This! ^

*is down almost 1/2 a pound this week today*