"BITE ON THE NAIL"-Reminder..Yes Again! ;-)

Options
“Work every day. No matter what has happened the day or night before, get up and bite on the nail.”

There will always be plenty of reasons why you can't, won't, or shouldn't eat well or exercise on a given day.
Your challenge is to decide if you'll give those excuses enough power to derail your
dream or whether you'll “bite on the nail” and stay committed enough, consistently enough, to really do it—day in and day out, no matter what.
Though Hemingway wrote nine novels and nearly 70 short stories, he was not a prolific writer.
He was, however, disciplined and consistent, producing an average of two pages a day. His strategy:
“Work every day. No matter what has happened the day or night before, get up and bite on the nail.”

In a USA Today survey, 805 American adults were asked, “What caused you to stop dieting before losing all the weight you wanted?”
The top two reasons? 39% said they got “discouraged”; 24% cited a “lack of interest.”

Remember: The more enthused, the more you lose! ..I'll drink to that(water of course,lol..or Protein shakes..YUM!)

Replies

• wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Very motivating. I cant tell you how many times I have made an excuse to put my health aside. Thanks for posting this : )
  • VinniF
    VinniF Posts: 51
    Options
    This reminder could not have come at a more opportune time. Ups and downs, good days and bad, the best we can do is stay with it. Keep on working at it. Don't give up!!!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This reminder could not have come at a more opportune time. Ups and downs, good days and bad, the best we can do is stay with it. Keep on working at it. Don't give up!!!

Amen
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! I needed that reminder!!!
  • BirthdayGirlie
    Options
    bump for later

:flowerforyou:
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're All Are Welcome..For Sure this is my daily Reminder..Hope to post everyday if I have2!..:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you.

xo

Amber
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    I will remind myself of this when my alarm goes off at 5.45am tomorrow morning to do Day 1 of a 30DS challenge. And then it's the start of a 10 hour shift at work until 6pm. Bah humbug! I bet I'll sleep tomorrow night, that's for sure!!
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I was just feeling discouraged today, because a lot of days I can't force myself to go to the gym. I guess doing a workout video or taking a walk is still moving thou. I'll keep that in mind! :) Bump this for later.
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!! I was just feeling discouraged today, because a lot of days I can't force myself to go to the gym. I guess doing a workout video or taking a walk is still moving thou. I'll keep that in mind! :) Bump this for later.
    well i hope u feel better, and if u cant go to the gym, like me cuz of my car breaking down and it will take too long on public transportation to get there... i just work out with my online videos..all it takes to get ur groove on is to start with some moderate exercising and walking is the start of them. u need me to come get u?:wink:
  • Raihaanah
    Options
    I will remind myself of this when my alarm goes off at 5.45am tomorrow morning to do Day 1 of a 30DS challenge. And then it's the start of a 10 hour shift at work until 6pm. Bah humbug! I bet I'll sleep tomorrow night, that's for sure!!
    you can do it..just gotta get up..lol and I know the feeling,mayb get ur workout several hrs after u come home from work