skinny people get cheaper clothing

Options
okay so have you ever noticed how skinny people get cheaper clothing? i was in target today and they have the target brand womens leggings in black and plain colors in an extra small. 10 dollars. i go the girls section and find the size 14 black solid colored same material leggings for 4.50. i hold up the two pair. guess what? same waist and same length. same exact pair. no joke. then i go to the pjs section. cute little pj tops in extra small only for 2 dollars. but you want extra large? oh we tack on an extra 3 dollars for plus sizes. it pays to be skinny.

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    bigger sizes require more fabric.

Also, depending on the brand could be more or less expensive.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You got that right! I'm seeing lower prices now with my smaller size clothes! I love it! And even better, there is so much more to choose from! So many more attractive clothes! So little money to spend on them! lol ! I LOVE IT ! Hahahahaha (Crazy, wicked laughter) !
  • lucylue21
    Options

i can see that to some degree. but leggings? come on its not even a yard of fabric as is.
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to shop in the "skinny" section!!:wink:
  • morales08
    Options
    And.....all of the clothes left on the SALE racks are 2's, 4's, & 6's !!!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I know this to be true :(
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I've seen that myself. Jeans..women size 12 $40.00, go to the girls section and get a really cute pair in a size 18 for $25.00. Yeah, the tag may say 18 but the fit is a definite 12. When I was a plus size the only place I could find anything with any style was at LaneBryant and they wanted $85 for a pair of jeans! Needless to say I shopped a lot in the sweatpants section! So glad I don't have to do that anymore!
  • lucylue21
    Options
    And.....all of the clothes left on the SALE racks are 2's, 4's, & 6's !!!

its great for people like me who can squeeze there butts in a size 2 AND do up the buttom but i can see where it isnt fun to be a large size
  • gumigal82
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree with this--I am fairly petite on top, and have shorter legs. I pay extra to hem my pants, or for jeans/pants made that way. I also have to look long and hard for a bra--very few stores carry my size, so I pay for that too.

I hope this isn't a bash petite people thing...I wish people could embrace all shapes&sizes. (And that is tough even for me, because I may be petite, but I know all my flaws!)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Even better- scoring clothing at thrift stores! I basically got myself a new wi ter wardrobe for $50 a couple weeks ago, including two coats.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options

2-3 more inches per piece don't cost that much more. If that were true, the smallest size should be the least expensive on all clothing, and it should go up gradually by size, not add on $5-10 for a jump from L to XL. Even nylons are double in price when you go up to "plus-size" :grumble:
  • lucylue21
    Options
    I don't necessarily agree with this--I am fairly petite on top, and have shorter legs. I pay extra to hem my pants, or for jeans/pants made that way. I also have to look long and hard for a bra--very few stores carry my size, so I pay for that too.

i see your point. i struggle cause im tall and i need long pants but shirts, dresses, all of that i can get cheaper. anything that is not "regular" is going to be more.
  • lucylue21
    Options

i see your point. i struggle cause im tall and i need long pants but shirts, dresses, all of that i can get cheaper. anything that is not "regular" is going to be more.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    No skinny people don't get cheaper clothing.

I have the hardest time finding jeans/pants that fit my waist and my length.. I can spend upwards of 50-100 dollars to not only buy a pair of jeans/pants, but then have them altered if the waist is too big/or the length needs to be taken out.

Plus I have a long torso, so my tops generally are pretty short on me.. which means i need to pay extra for clothes to go under and make them long enough/not too low.

It's a pain clothes shopping.. for once I'd like to be able to just go and pick something off the rack and know it fits without even having to try it on.
  • gumigal82
    Options

• ShrinkingChelle
    Options

"bigger sizes require more fabric"
    This part made me laugh I was buying underwear the other day and thinking, why are thongs so much more then Briefs, there is less fabric.
  • lucylue21
    Options

This part made me laugh I was buying underwear the other day and thinking, why are thongs so much more then Briefs, there is less fabric.

i know a great way to get super cheap thongs. go to walmart and get the 49 cent spools of ultra thin ribbon and then tie a circle and then tie another strap going between it. walah one spool makes about 10 pair. :laugh:
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options

i know a great way to get super cheap thongs. go to walmart and get the 49 cent spools of ultra thin ribbon and then tie a circle and then tie another strap going between it. walah one spool makes about 10 pair. :laugh:

Oh that does not sound comfortable at all lol.
  • lucylue21
    Options

Oh that does not sound comfortable at all lol.

ya dont think? you can spend 99 cents and up grade to slightly thicker ribbon that feels like satan.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I hope this isn't a bash petite people thing...I wish people could embrace all shapes&sizes. (And that is tough even for me, because I may be petite, but I know all my flaws!)

Not a bash at all. I am friends with several ladies who are very petite. They run into the same problems. Nica (friend at work) has the same problem with bras. When she does find her size she buys quite a few. I do alterations with length for several people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!