Large frame?

alyssanichele
alyssanichele Posts: 105
So, I was just curious.. I have a large frame, and I guess that plays a huge factor in my size, because I'm 5'5 and weigh185 and wear a size 12/14 depending. I just wanted to know other women's weight and sizes that also have a large frame like me :) since this is so confusing!

Replies

• pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    I'm 5'4", ~175 lbs and I definitely cannot fit into a size 12! I'm working there though ;) At my smallest that I've been as an "adult" I was an 8 and based on how wide my hips are naturally set I doubt I could get into a smaller size if I wanted to.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    I have a large frame too. I'm 5'9" and 194 pounds. I'm not sure what size I am exactly because I haven't had a chance to go shopping for new jeans since I lost weight. Right now my size 14 pants are loose on me and I have to wear a belt. No one ever believes me when I tell them I weigh as much as a do!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    How large is large? I am 5'8" and at 150 can wear a 10 - 12. With my hips and (sadly) stomach hernia that's as low as I can go.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    I'm 5'7 144 pounds and in a size 11. When I tell others how much I weigh they think I'm lying. Hey I wish I was! Anyways I'm cursed with big hips and cant seem to get out of double digits in pants size.
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm about where you are, I'm 5'5" and 187lbs and can wear a size 14. I've always considered myself to have "big bones".
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    I have no idea how to tell what my frame size is. I am 5'5 and weigh196 and am a very tight size 12
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    5'7"-ish and (usually) 145 lbs.

I like to buy pants from Old Nave cause I wear size 4 lol.
    Silver Jeans, 28 or 29
    Most Juniors, size 9.
    I have big legs, so they sort of fit weird.

I have some huge ribs though.
  • I have no idea how to tell what my frame size is. I am 5'5 and weigh196 and am a very tight size 12

You measure your wrist with a measuring tape. If its over 6 inches or something like that then you have a large frame.
  • I'm, the same height and weight, plus the same sizes but I'm a small frame size.
    Perhaps I carry more in the boobs and stomach area compared to you.

Edit: I'm probably an inch taller
  • Currently I"m 5'9" and about 185 wearing a 14. When I was in my best shape, I was 155 and wearing a 10/12. So the single digits are not a part of my life. Funny thing is, when I went to the doctor the first time after I found out I was pregnant, the nurse had a hard time believing my weight. She actually said " wow, really" So I guess it's good to know I feel bigger than I look!
  • Currently I"m 5'9" and about 185 wearing a 14. When I was in my best shape, I was 155 and wearing a 10/12. So the single digits are not a part of my life. Funny thing is, when I went to the doctor the first time after I found out I was pregnant, the nurse had a hard time believing my weight. She actually said " wow, really" So I guess it's good to know I feel bigger than I look!

wow. So the smallest I would probably be is an 8.
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    I would say I probably have a large frame --- or at least carry my weight differently.

I weigh about 185-195lbs and wear a size 10 or 12 (depending). I was about 210 lbs when I was a size 12-14.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    I have no idea how to tell what my frame size is. I am 5'5 and weigh196 and am a very tight size 12

You measure your wrist with a measuring tape. If its over 6 inches or something like that then you have a large frame.

If this is the case, then my frame has shrunk considerably as I've lost weight.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member

If this is the case, then my frame has shrunk considerably as I've lost weight.
    hhmmmm, yeah, I'd say so :wink:
  • My wrist measures a little bigger than 6", so large frame here. I am 5'9" and weigh about 145 or so...I am currently a size 6ish, depending on the jeans. I am smaller in skirts.
  • 5'4, 180 lbs, size 10 bottoms, size 14 tops
    If you can't wrap your fingers (thumb and middle finger meeting) around the smallest part of your wrist, you're likely a large frame.
    I fit in size 6 jeans when I got married and I was tiny back then @170 lbs.
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    my wrist is a litte over 6 inches so another large frame *waves* but my fingers over lap when i put them round my wrist and people say they are tiny :huh:

im 5ft 7 and i would never fit into a uk size 8 no matter what i tryed i could just get into a 10 at my smalest bein 9stone 2! well i could fit my top half into a 10

as my partners mum "nicley" said i have a bigger frame than the normal girl basically saying i have rugby player shoulders :grumble: must admit my shoulders are big but they aint massivly big!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,082 Member
    I'm either large or xlarge fram because I can't use my finger to wrap roaund the wrist.
    189 lbs 5'1 27% body fat pants size 12.
    My friends are around 110 lbs or less.
    I doubt I will ever go down to that weight and if i do, I would be sick.. not healthy for me.
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Im 5'7 and weigh 183 pounds and I fit in to a size 14-16.(Thats u.k size) xgx
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    I'm 5'0" and 166 in a size 14 (barely-just got out of size 16). My wrist isn't quite 6 inches but I already know I am large framed!
This discussion has been closed.