best way to carry water while running?

Options
Hey, well I canceled my gym membership and planning to go for run every day with my mate! The thing is I never exercised outside the gym and was wondering if anyone can advice me as to how I can carry a water bottle while running. I just don’t want the water bottle to get in my way when I am working out :ohwell:

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fininski
    Options
    I personally find that not only does my water not get in the way, it keeps my arms occupied when I run. The type of bottle is personal preference, I have a large bottle with a hand grrip round the middle and a bottle that's shaped so you can put hand through it (if that makes sense) as you're running and don't involve the arms that heavily, to be honest I wouldn't expect water bottle to get in your way at all :)
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    VIG103_bottle_belt.jpg
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can also look in the store where they have camping supplies. I've seen one with a cover for insulation and a carbinger - those hooks that you can clip to your belt. Securing it so it wouldn't constantly bump and be annoying might be an issue though.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    I have a holder that you put around your waist. I put the bottle in the middle part of my back at the waistline. I think I got it at Walmart a couple of years ago.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Or you could try a camelback.
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I'm doing I use a small 10 oz handheld or a Nathan hydration pack. I used to use a fuel belt but at some point I grew to dislike having something cinched around my hips or waist.