I dont know what is going on here.

Options
I weighted myself this morning, said i GAINED 5 LBS! :mad: I took measurments and they said I lost, 1/2 inch here and there. total of 2 inches on me gone, but the scale?? stupid scale anyway, blew my whole day! I know we need a new scale, but that was stupid.

I guess I will focus on measurments and not pounds for now, till we get a new scale anyway. So my "tracker" wont move for a while. :sad: But I am trying, gonna have to start full speed here real soon if i want to make my goal. Going to have to get on my DH case about what foods to get. (he is the main buyer of foods) lol wish me luck on that one!!

Im real proud of all of you that have lost weight! good luck and good day!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight, especially if you had a lot of salt in the last couple of days. I wouldn't stress over it if you have lost some inches then you are moving in the right direction :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I hate that.... Hopefully the weight gain is temporary, especially if you are losing inches. how's your sodium intake - perhaps some water weight is what's happening.
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    It could be water retention, but better yet, it could be that you are gaining MUSCLE!! If you are losing inches, but the scale isn't moving or it is moving up, then you are building muscle.. which is great, because muscle burns fat!! =) Don't fret over this... it's really a good thing.. muscle weighs more, so that could definitely be why the scale has gone up.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am just going to ccp, a recent post I made about this subject. It will keep me from typing my long opinions again. :smile: I really wonder why.............. so many people, (very smart people) seem to go blind when it comes to the actual composition of a pound of FAT. I see people posting things about how much they ate the day before and how they felt so much better when they stepped on the scale the next day, only to see it was all ok because they either didn't gain a pound or in fact lost a pound or a fraction of one. Why is it people cannot realize that a pound of fat cannot manufacture over a few hours, or disolve over a few hours. The only thing you are seeing on the scale after a few hours is going to be liquid, or solids stuck in your body from food you have recently eatten and not eliminated. And it is those same deceptive numbers people see on the scale that makes us go on food binges, thinking "oh well, I am not losing anyways,I might as well go ahead and eat what I want". Think about a pound of fatty bacon and try to imagine how hard it is for our bodys to turn that massive greasy blob into something our bodies can burn up. If it were so easy to make that blob of fat burn out of our bodys, we would probabley be smelling like bacon frying on the stove.......... releasing all that greese. What we did or did not eat on Thanksgiving is not going to be reflected on our scales today, or even a few days from now. It's all going to get avgeraged out over the next few weeks and then, we will see some real numbers. We give the numbers on the scale way too much power. They can make us feel terrific, or bum us out. Maybe we should be snapping pictures of ourselves, each week and then lining up those pictures, to see the changes. They might be subtle, but wouldn't it be interesting to after a few weeks. I have seen pictures of litters of puppies, kittens, birds, and rabbits, that were taken every day as they grew and as small as the changes were each day, they made such drastic changes from week to week. We could make a flip book of our shrinking selves.
  • RaceTo48Kg
    RaceTo48Kg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Never heard of that water retention before. Maybe this is also my problem. I lose 2lbs per week, but for the past 2 weeks (with the same diet and exercise), my weight is still the same. I can feel a little bit lighter than before but the scale is giving me the same numbers. Just as I remember, I've taken lots of sodium for that 2 weeks. My boyfriend tells me that maybe my body just starts to build some muscle so there's no need to worry about it. I'm not quite sure though.

Well I found this link:

http://www.nativeremedies.com/ailment/water-retention-causes.html

hope it helps
  • gina1123
    Options
    how much salt have you had. I sometimes step on the scale and gain when I know I was good!! Drink lots of water today and you will see a difference in a couple of days. don't worry all comes out in the wash!!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I was on one of those medically-supervised liquid diets. Weighed in at the clinic same time each week. Exact same sodium content of my diet. Tracked exercise. Basically, NOTHING would explain a gain at the scale. Well, some weeks, eating 600 calories a day, I would GAIN 2 lbs!! Horrifying, but it happens. Think of it as body magic that is sometimes in your favor, and sometimes not. It's hard to 'be good' and be slammed this way, so know that with sustained effort the *trend* will reward you. Maybe not every day, week or possibly month, but over a good amount of time.
  • andi_isit303
    Options
    Today must be the " scale is totally lame" day cuz mine did the same thing!!! There is no way I gained 5 lb as someone previously said, that would be thousands over your calorie needs (3500*5) ....

In conclusion, stupid. Scale.