Interesed in starting a support group??

Options
nitag
nitag Posts: 706 Member
Hi.. My name is nitag, I am female 44 yrs old, married. Mom of 2, grandma of 3 and have lost 27 lbs but I have quite a more to lose. I am in this for the long run, until I reach my goal and then to stay there... I would like to be with a group of people who are in it till the end. I would like it to be a fun group that can really get to know each other and support each other no matter what that would be... I would like to have a weekly weigh in on Fridays... If you don't want to weigh in that is fine too. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know....

Replies

• nitag
    Options
    Hi.. My name is nitag, I am female 44 yrs old, married. Mom of 2, grandma of 3 and have lost 27 lbs but I have quite a more to lose. I am in this for the long run, until I reach my goal and then to stay there... I would like to be with a group of people who are in it till the end. I would like it to be a fun group that can really get to know each other and support each other no matter what that would be... I would like to have a weekly weigh in on Fridays... If you don't want to weigh in that is fine too. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know....
  • AJWaddlesOn
    Options
    Count me in! I am looking for the same! I currently weigh in on Mon as it helps keep me focused over the weekend and encourages me during the week. Let's get to know one another and support eachother thru this journey. I have 128 to lose so need all the support I can get!
    AJ
  • hickchick
    hickchick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Nitag and AJ!
    You can count me in too. I weigh in frequently, but will share on fridays with you if you like. Support really helps. I'm only down 10 lbs, but still have 50 more to go!! Can use all the help we can get right!? Have a great weekend, and hope we all talk soon.
    Kristina
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm in nitag... I have a lot more to lose!
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    I'd love to join you too. I have lost 10lbs but have a way to go to get to my goal. It would be nice to make a few careing connections to help along the way.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can use all the support I can get! I am a member of a couple of other threads, but would be happy to join this one, too!
  • kathypatton
    Options
    Yes, count me in I do belong to another weight management groug but, we meet only once per month. You can never have too much support. I've lost 60 pounds so far but I have 140 to go. My goal is to be at my goal weight before I get my Degree at NIU.
  • nitag
    Options
    Kristi and adopt4.. I love you guys. Everyone else yeah.. We can be a group..

Me, I just got done working out... 45 mins on the treadmill and some weights for the good ole arms... I did some wonderful squats and was able to feel them in the behind... Nice feeling.....

I do have my 5 yr old grandson Chris this weekend so I might not be able to check in that often, maybe not till later tonight or Sunday after we take them home..

I think it might be a good idea for everyone to post a little bit about ourselves so we can get to know one another.. What do ya all think???

nita
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Kathy, that is way cool! Tell us how you have been losing the weight?

I also belong to the Over 300 club thread which I really like because we address some of the particular needs of those of with A LOT of weight to lose. I also belong to THE Team, where I met Nita and adopt4 I love that thread too for support, friendship and structure.

Good luck everyone! Talk to you later!
  • nitag
    Options
    Yes, count me in I do belong to another weight management groug but, we meet only once per month. You can never have too much support. I've lost 60 pounds so far but I have 140 to go. My goal is to be at my goal weight before I get my Degree at NIU.

60 lbs, that is awesome...

I agree, support to me is what it is all about......
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started a week or so ago and have a loooonggg way to go, so I'll be around awhile :happy:
  • nitag
    Options
    I'm in! I just started a week or so ago and have a loooonggg way to go, so I'll be around awhile :happy:

Hi and welcome.....
  • stillkristi
    Options

Hey, Jenny welcome! I snooped your profile. Where in Utah are you from? I'm in SLC. I see you have also given up smoking! Good job! You are just taking charge, aren't you! CONGRATS!!!
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Hey, Jenny welcome! I snooped your profile. Where in Utah are you from? I'm in SLC. I see you have also given up smoking! Good job! You are just taking charge, aren't you! CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! I'm in St. George. Yes, I'm trying to take charge and determined to do so... today not so hot, but tomorrow is another day right?
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Can I join, too?
    I see some people here are in my "age category," which is a bonus. Because isn't it true that metabolism changes as you get older???
    I'm barely over 5' tall and very small-boned, and I've only gained weight in the past 5 years or so. I'm still trying to figure out how many calories I'm allowed...It says 1200, but I'm still GAINING!

And I really have to skimp on the exercise...I have fibromyalgia. So even a short walk is sometimes more than I can handle.

But support from a group would be good...:flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Jumpin' on the nitag wagon! :flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    Options
    You guys are too funny.... However I am feeling the love from the Team......:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

I just had a great workout.. Well walk.. 30 mins on the treadmill and I did 2 miles.. I was walking my lil legs off... Burnt 345 calories.. It felt good..

I am off to Reno for the day.... Everyone in my family that is under 30 seems to be pregnant and having babies left and right ... I have 2 baby showers to go to next few weeks...

Have a great Sunday...
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That IS a good walk on the treadmill!

I may follow your example...
  • hollybelle
    hollybelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey there! I'd love to join the group - i just joined today, and have about 60 pounds to lose.....where would I go to find the group? thanks for your post!
  • nitag
    Options
    hey there! I'd love to join the group - i just joined today, and have about 60 pounds to lose.....where would I go to find the group? thanks for your post!

Hey and welcome.....

You can find a The Team here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/50604-t-h-e-team-april-24-30-week-12

You can post here too.....