How did you do on Thanksgivening?

Options

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good, I stuck to my plan, logged everything exercised like a lunatic and lost 1.5 lbs.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i exercised/logged everything and estimated a few items but overall well. i weigh myself every morning and i stayed the same so no water weight gain for me, is a plus to my psychological health, lol
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I did great! 5-6k calories at a guess, lots of turkey and pie.

Enjoyed every minute of it. Back on track now.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I logged everything and did well.

^^Ditto :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I ate everything, logged nothing, and my weight has stayed exactly the same.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I did GREAT! Didn't log anything. I got up and went for a jog and did P90X yoga before I started cooking. Stayed in the kitchen all day eating and drinking and cooking. I only filled my plate once at actual dinner though - where I usually fill it two or three times. Had turkey, stuffing, cranberries, potatoes, green beans, rolls, gravy on everything. Drank a six pack while I was cooking, two glasses of wine with dinner, and a 22 ounce Russian Imperial Stout with my slice of pumpkin pie and slice of pecan pie for dessert.
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i was apprehensive about overeating but when it came down to it and all was said and done, when i got home from dinner, i'd only

eaten 200 plus calories ALL DAY so i had 1300 left to eat..and i even had pumpkin pie!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

if i can ANYONE can!! :bigsmile:
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did awesome. I enjoyed my day. I didn't think about MFP and I ate what I wanted. I had fun with my family and I relaxed and watched lots of football. For me that is what was important. Did I gorge? No but I didn't worry about it either.
  • BrokenBottle
    BrokenBottle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It was a well deserved cheat day.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I ate everything and anything I wanted. Hit 5k + calories, logged everything that passed my lips. The next morning, I set PR's in the gym and was back on track. 2 days later, my calories for the week are back in check. Looking forward to Christmas dinner already.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I ate everything and anything I wanted. Hit 5k + calories, logged everything that passed my lips. The next morning, I set PR's in the gym and was back on track. 2 days later, my calories for the week are back in check. Looking forward to Christmas dinner already.

^ He also had a protein shake, and I LOL'd.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I ate until I was in pain!! :sick: :sick: It was great while it lasted. I just sent my daughter back to school with left over cakes, pies, & cookies. Back on the wagon until Christmas!!:cry:

Isn't that what its all about?:bigsmile:
  • RyaneC
    RyaneC Posts: 14
    Options
    HORRIBLE! But now I'm back on track and about to head out to the YMCA for some cardio! Was pretty bad Friday too with the leftovers... example: someone at work brought something i'd never seen - a cheesecake iced with buttercream icing, then topped with a layer of red velvet cake, then iced again with buttercream! Sinful... my two favorite desserts... but that's over now and I'm back in the zone! ...Aside from the return of the sweets cravings... but I'll beat those with yogurt and protein bars. And of course there were pictures taken where I looked like a moo cow, so that's more motivation!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options

^ He also had a protein shake, and I LOL'd.

The protein shake helps me lose weight.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I used the food database the night before and logged estimates of foods I know I'd be eating just to get a round about idea. I put a little bit of everything on my plate and ate until I was full, but not uncomfortably. I was quite satisfied :)
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I did terrible, but I am back on track today. However, when I weighed myself this morning, I had lost a pound since my last weigh-in 3 days ago - go figure!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I logged everything I ate and went over only 150calories... and it was mainly because of a banana I had before bed :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I won the poker game
  • jhitguy
    Options
    I completely bombed for three days in a row. Back on it today, and not looking back! No regrets!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I ate everything, logged nothing, and my weight has stayed exactly the same.

WINNING