Over 200 club week 6

Options

Replies

• lizamaya
    lizamaya Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :smile: I weigh in on wednesdays, so when I post em on Fridays they'll be a couple days old, lol.
    I did great cal wise today, and in the gym (as previously mentioned) I am just wondering if anyone has a successful routine in the gym. Although I am enjoying being there much more now, I still feel like a lost puppy. I try to do 10-15 min on the stair climbing thing (which KILLS me) and then at least 1-2 miles on the treadmill. Then I kind of piddle around in the weight area and do 2 different machines that work thighs and quads and 3-5 different machines that work the arms, chest, and back. Then I walk/jog in intervals around the track 3-5 times and then if I go w/ my SIL we usually end off the work out by playing ping pong (sounds silly but it actually burns cals.)

This is what I do EVERY day (except Wed. and Sun.) The gym is in the university I attend so there are no trainers or anyone knowledgeable there. I joined a new gym a couple weeks ago that is opening around the corner, but not until the 1st of June, so until then I am stuck with the university gym.

Anyway, any suggestions are all welcome, I need to spice it up! :laugh:
  • lizamaya
    lizamaya Posts: 5
    Options
    I just found a seemingly simple recipe for flat bread. They can double as pizza crusts and are only 110 cals each. I haven't tried it out yet, I was thinking of making some homemade flatbread sandwiches and fruit for dinner tomorrow night. I'll let you know how they turn out...

The recipe is 1 cup bread flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup warm water, 1tsp ev olive oil
    It says to mix the flour and salt. Mix water & oil separately and then pour over flour and salt mix. Process to form a ball. (if ball is hard *kitten* more warm water). Cut into quarters and work 1 quarter at a time, roll into a 12" by 4" rectangle. Place all 4 on a cookie sheet.

Adjust oven rack to lowest position and preheat at 500 degrees. Top with ingredients of choice and bake for 10-12 minutes. It says if cheese is a topping, to bake 1st w/ other ingredients and then top with cheese and return to oven for 1-2 minutes.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and the scale has not budged.:grumble: I have stayed within my calories and I have exercised every day.:grumble: I am NOT going to be discouraged. I know that I have been retaining water. I am just going to try to kick it up a notch and see results next week.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My weigh in today was 218
  • awestfall
    Options
    Ok, life is getting back to normal now and I have been pulling my hair out the last month and a half, I would enjoy very much getting back into the swing of things. I am not down much more then I think my last weigh in...sorta been sitting between 232-234 for the last week and was between 234 and 236 FOREVER before that. I started working out hard again after a 2 week break and have been watching my intake.

Will ya'll have me back...in my defense.....I am a non smoker over a month now....after 22 years of smoking.........:flowerforyou:
    Congrats on being smoke free.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I lost 4 lbs this week! I am down from 222.5 to 218.5! I am right on track to reach my July 1 goal! Shoot, if I keep it up, I will surpass it which I don't mind doing! Yay!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I lost 4 lbs this week! I am down from 222.5 to 218.5! I am right on track to reach my July 1 goal! Shoot, if I keep it up, I will surpass it which I don't mind doing! Yay!

wow good Job. Not long from now your number will start with a 1 doesn't that sound nice.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    did 4.8 miles today...and stuck with my calories:flowerforyou: weigh in 204lbs
  • awestfall
    Options
    Did 6 miles today of walking and I also did cartwheels with my kids.Do you know how long its been since I have done a cartwheel?At least 10 years!!!So I am pretty proud of myself for that.:flowerforyou:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Friday got away from me. Weigh in was 197 and did 90 mins. on the treadmill. I am going to keep up the cardio this next week and try to alternate that with 30 day shred. I've been wanting to do that and I think I need to change my routine up a little bit.
    **waving flabby arm... maybe an arm toning challenge in the near future?***

Have a super weekend everyone!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Friday got away from me. Weigh in was 197 and did 90 mins. on the treadmill. I am going to keep up the cardio this next week and try to alternate that with 30 day shred. I've been wanting to do that and I think I need to change my routine up a little bit.
    **waving flabby arm... maybe an arm toning challenge in the near future?***

Have a super weekend everyone!
    Lets continue the cardio this week as well ladies and gents cause some of us didn't get a chance to start until mid-week.So lets stay on the cardio KICK this week
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Is it okay if I count 30 day shred as cardio also? If not, I will just count minutes on the elliptical and treadmill but man, if you don't have 30 day shred... you should get it!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    woot did 4.8 miles with intervals of jogging today...also I went to try on some clothes and i fit into a nice 1X blouse at Fashion bug hehe man i remember when a 3X was my only option
  • pegm
    Options
    Is it okay if I count 30 day shred as cardio also? If not, I will just count minutes on the elliptical and treadmill but man, if you don't have 30 day shred... you should get it!

I would count this as cardio... it's kicks butt!!
    90 mins. for me today.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Ok, sorry I was not able to get my weigh in yesterday, I had my 2nd and 3rd hypnosis appointment yesterday for weight, we focused on motivation for working out. I am getting married on July 25th in Vegas, and I need to be down at least 30 pounds if not more to actually look half way decent in the sun dress I bought.....the hypnotist thinks I could be down 50 by then with his program......and as I talk about it now I feel like heading out for a workout.................

I weigh 232 today
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories burned walking on the beach? I can't find anything and I know you burn more walking in the sand. I went to the coast today and walked down the beach and I want my full calories burned , not the calories burned from a regular walk.:laugh:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    woot did 4.8 miles with intervals of jogging today...also I went to try on some clothes and i fit into a nice 1X blouse at Fashion bug hehe man i remember when a 3X was my only option

Wow!!!!!!! That is great, love it when the clothes start getting smaller:smile:
  • pegm
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories burned walking on the beach? I can't find anything and I know you burn more walking in the sand. I went to the coast today and walked down the beach and I want my full calories burned , not the calories burned from a regular walk.:laugh:

Wish I knew.... wish I could walk on the beach!! :laugh: Walking through snow for 5 months out of the year would probably be about the same!!
  • Momma2four
    Options

Wish I knew.... wish I could walk on the beach!! :laugh: Walking through snow for 5 months out of the year would probably be about the same!!

I would imagine you burn more walking in the snow because you sink and have to pull your leg out and you burn more calories in the cold.:laugh:
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Ok, sorry I was not able to get my weigh in yesterday, I had my 2nd and 3rd hypnosis appointment yesterday for weight, we focused on motivation for working out. I am getting married on July 25th in Vegas, and I need to be down at least 30 pounds if not more to actually look half way decent in the sun dress I bought.....the hypnotist thinks I could be down 50 by then with his program......and as I talk about it now I feel like heading out for a workout.................

I weigh 232 today

Just wondering, if it's not too personal... how's the hypnosis going? How much does it cost? I have been interested in finding out more about hypnosis for a while now. Just wondering what you thought about it...