Giving and receiving support

Options
I think I do best in my weight loss when I have support and am giving support to others, so please feel free to add me!

My name is Cecilia and I am 31 years old. I had a daughter when I was 18 and got to a size I was comfortable with- size 6/8 and 145lbs (I am 5'8). I got pregnant in 2007 and stopped looking at the scale when I hit 215, the next time I weighed myself my son was 6 months old and I was 185 and in a size 14. I felt pretty miserable.

I talked a lot about WANTING to lose weight but didn't do much about it. In late 2009 I got pregnant again and was still at 185/size 14. I didn't gain nearly as much this time around- about 22lbs. And in August 2010 I weighed 185 again! I joined another calorie count site and did pretty well but there wasn't as much support as there is here- today I weigh 157 so I'm much closer to my goal!

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Be easy on yourself. Motherhood and fitness isn't always a walk in the park. It certainly gets harder in our 30's.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments already!!!! You look great and with continued support from MFP you will meet your goal in no time!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Ahhh ... the ups and downs of pregnancy (literally!), lol. I understand completely! I'm holding on to my 30's by a thread ... just turned 39, lol, and am a married mom of two ... and finally made the decision to take care of ME for a change. This site is a godsend to me. Welcome aboard! :flowerforyou:
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I have really loved it here so far and I am so happy a friend told me about this site.
  • peggy2165
    peggy2165 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i too am a mother of two who dedicates my life to my family but now it is time to dedicate some time and effort to ME. i would love any support and ideas anyone can give me i have a long road ahead and am determined to get there!!!! would also loves some friends so i can get ideas on what to eat from their diaries getting tired of chicken and salad already!!
  • butterflycox
    Options
    well you've done very well so far 28 lbs is something to be proud of.... I think the hardest thing about weight loss and eatting right for me is being on clone mode without the clone and have two busy kids and going to school is very little time for me to leave room for excuses I want it to be fun but I might have to take another aproach like it is a do or die type thing....
  • butterflycox
    Options
    well you've done very well so far 28 lbs is something to be proud of.... I think the hardest thing about weight loss and eatting right for me is being on clone mode without the clone and have two busy kids and going to school is very little time for me to leave room for excuses I want it to be fun but I might have to take another aproach like it is a do or die type thing....
  • butterflycox
    Options
  • butterflycox
    Options
    you look great by the way!