Skyrim

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm as far in the storyline as you are. I joined the imperial guard, but think I may have made a mistake. I'm gonna continue with it though.

Just create new saves as you go along at each milestone. If you find you don't like the path you chose, go back and do something else with your character.

I actually have a tonne of save files. That's a pretty good idea. I tend to replay if I think I've messed up... Like when one of my companions accidentally dies :p lol

I do this a lot. I usually make one character and run out a bunch of different paths. I really want to play an orc in Skyrim though and be totally evil.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm a Skyrim widow... :sad:
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I played Oblivion on PC, so really I'm a PC game player. I bought Oblivion on PS3 but couldn't get to grips with the control pad as I was so used to the keyboard and mouse. I've got Skyrim on Ps3 and find it easy, not that I'm use to using the control pad.

Yep, the loading screens/scenes take forever. Like opening doors.. They take about 2 mins to change scene. Grrr.

I don't think I'm as far in the storyline as you are. I joined the imperial guard, but think I may have made a mistake. I'm gonna continue with it though.

Have you learned many shouts? I've discovered a few more words but not enough to use the shouts yet.

One of the factors that finally swayed me to buying the PC version instead of the PS3 or Xbox (both of which we also have) is that my brother noted the game would load a lot faster on a PC since the hardware on the consoles is so far behind at this point. Sorry to hear that the loading scenes are taking so long. :( At the same time though, you can play on a couch ... I can't, lol. I do miss that.

I learned another shout ("Whirlwind Sprint") at High Hrothgar when you go visit the Greybeards after you've been summoned. I've found other words, but I have not used the dragon souls to learn them yet. I'm being careful in which shouts I learn because I'm not sure yet how dragons spawn in the world? I mean, are there a limited number of dragons to kill (which is my thought), or is there just a random chance to spawn one whenever/wherever? Either way, I'm muddling through without having to rely on the shouts so far, so I'm okay for now. :)
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend Nich and I are hooked! I was level 9 and had killed 3 dragons. I am a Stormcloak, but because I joined the rebellion I wasn't exactly welcome in Solitude so I couldn't do the "why are dragons coming back to life" story anymore. I was also knee deep in a conspiracy in another city and had the entire town after me, unable to escape. So I've gone back to a level 8 save with 2 dragons killed. :/

We don't get to play too much for too long with our month-and-a-half old daughter here with us, and also the fact that Nich got Batman: Arkham City and Deus Ex a week or so before Skyrim and wants to finish those games. Lol.

Lol, I can see you both playing Skyrim and then rocking the babies cradle now and then :p

I had a feeling I'd end up being disliked by one of the cities. Thankfully though white run still like me and I can still go to my house. Lol... I jumped out f my skin when I saw Lydia standing in the doorway. Then I discovered she even had her own bedroom! Lol the cheek of it!
  • JE55Y
    Options

Just create new saves as you go along at each milestone. If you find you don't like the path you chose, go back and do something else with your character.

Lol... Orcs are ugly :)

I gave my nord (yes I'm boring) three claw scars down her cheek. I was gonna give her a damaged eye too but I felt sorry or her. Lol.

Thought about playing as a khajit but I don't think I could take the game seriously.
    I actually have a tonne of save files. That's a pretty good idea. I tend to replay if I think I've messed up... Like when one of my companions accidentally dies :p lol

I do this a lot. I usually make one character and run out a bunch of different paths. I really want to play an orc in Skyrim though and be totally evil.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband just rented it from the RedBox across the street today. I guess we won't be doing anything this weekend. :laugh:
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Lydia is pretty helpful, but sometimes when my horse and her both are fighting my enemies, they accidentally hit one another and try to kill each other. She also tends to get in the way of whoever I'm trying to fight. The Jarl of Whiterun shouldn't like me anymore, since I captured his town in the name of Ulfric Stormcloak. xD
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My husband wants it pretty badly, but seeing as he just bought the new Modern Warfare two weeks ago, and money is pretty tight at the moment, he settled on getting a $12 used copy of Oblivion for the time being. Even still, he has been playing Oblivion almost non-stop since he bought it.

Our house flooded the other day due to a broken water heater, and we had to move all our furniture so our carpets could be cleaned and dried... well that didn't even stop him from playing, he just set up the TV on an end table in a tiny little corner of the room that hadn't gotten wet... lol!!
  • JE55Y
    Options
    I played Oblivion on PC, so really I'm a PC game player. I bought Oblivion on PS3 but couldn't get to grips with the control pad as I was so used to the keyboard and mouse. I've got Skyrim on Ps3 and find it easy, not that I'm use to using the control pad.

Yep, the loading screens/scenes take forever. Like opening doors.. They take about 2 mins to change scene. Grrr.

Have you learned many shouts? I've discovered a few more words but not enough to use the shouts yet.

One of the factors that finally swayed me to buying the PC version instead of the PS3 or Xbox (both of which we also have) is that my brother noted the game would load a lot faster on a PC since the hardware on the consoles is so far behind at this point. Sorry to hear that the loading scenes are taking so long. :( At the same time though, you can play on a couch ... I can't, lol. I do miss that.

I learned another shout ("Whirlwind Sprint") at High Hrothgar when you go visit the Greybeards after you've been summoned. I've found other words, but I have not used the dragon souls to learn them yet. I'm being careful in which shouts I learn because I'm not sure yet how dragons spawn in the world? I mean, are there a limited number of dragons to kill (which is my thought), or is there just a random chance to spawn one whenever/wherever? Either way, I'm muddling through without having to rely on the shouts so far, so I'm okay for now. :)

I was hoping my brother was going to buy the PC version so I could play it on PC also, but I'm not sure if you have to buy two separate activation codes as it runs through steam.

I also have only learnt those two shouts from high hrothgar. I went back to the tower but the monks were totally unhelpful! Lol.

I've killed two dragons since. They seem t be random spawns, and you can often hear their wings flapping when they are near by. The best place to find them is the place where you found the second dragon... The creepy one that spoke to you. Can't remember the name of the location but if you want me to find out send me an email and I'll check my map.

The third dragon I killed took me by surprise and set me and the horse on fire. I manage to get away, I ditched the horse and ran for cover, but saw the horse fighting the dragon and felt guilty... So eventually I slayer it.

Haven't discovered what you do with their bones/scales yet.
  • JE55Y
    Options
    Lydia is pretty helpful, but sometimes when my horse and her both are fighting my enemies, they accidentally hit one another and try to kill each other. She also tends to get in the way of whoever I'm trying to fight. The Jarl of Whiterun shouldn't like me anymore, since I captured his town in the name of Ulfric Stormcloak. xD

Ha ha ha. Can Lydia die?

I use a two handed long sword and sometimes as it swings a second time I end up hitting one of my own people. Oops.
  • JE55Y
    Options
    My husband just rented it from the RedBox across the street today. I guess we won't be doing anything this weekend. :laugh:

Ha ha :)

Tell him you want a go :p I wonder what his response would be. Lol
  • caveats
    Options
    I've killed two dragons since. They seem t be random spawns, and you can often hear their wings flapping when they are near by. The best place to find them is the place where you found the second dragon... The creepy one that spoke to you. Can't remember the name of the location but if you want me to find out send me an email and I'll check my map.

The third dragon I killed took me by surprise and set me and the horse on fire. I manage to get away, I ditched the horse and ran for cover, but saw the horse fighting the dragon and felt guilty... So eventually I slayer it.

Yes, I've found some random dragons while wandering (one spawned on top of the town right after I loaded into Winterhold ... the beast fried the town drunk in about 2 seconds, whee). Some I managed to kill, some I had to leave alone (one was flying overhead near giants ... the giants are tougher than the dragons! at least, right now they are ...)

The bones/scales can be made into dragonscale armor. I don't know if I'll get to that point with my smithing yet (I haven't really tried to raise it, I'm working on alchemy), so for now I just store it at the house since it's so dang heavy.
  • JE55Y
    Options
    My husband wants it pretty badly, but seeing as he just bought the new Modern Warfare two weeks ago, and money is pretty tight at the moment, he settled on getting a $12 used copy of Oblivion for the time being. Even still, he has been playing Oblivion almost non-stop since he bought it.

Our house flooded the other day due to a broken water heater, and we had to move all our furniture so our carpets could be cleaned and dried... well that didn't even stop him from playing, he just set up the TV on an end table in a tiny little corner of the room that hadn't gotten wet... lol!!

Omg that is addiction!!! Send him to gamers anonymous! Lol

Oblivion is a brilliant game! The PC version is good, especially the mods!

So.. Did he mop up the mess or leave that to you whilst he played oblivion? Lol
  • caveats
    Options
    Ha ha ha. Can Lydia die?

I use a two handed long sword and sometimes as it swings a second time I end up hitting one of my own people. Oops.

Yes, Lydia can die. You can kill her if you swing/cast at her when she's kneeling (she's at 0 hp at that point). I've had to go back and load a save after accidentally killing her in the middle of boss fights. :(
  • JE55Y
    Options
    Ha ha ha. Can Lydia die?

Yes, Lydia can die. You can kill her if you swing/cast at her when she's kneeling (she's at 0 hp at that point). I've had to go back and load a save after accidentally killing her in the middle of boss fights. :(

Oh no, I'll have to be careful.

I really needed her help on a mission but couldn't locate her. Then when I was in my house she frightened the life out of me when she appeared in the doorway. I almost killed her then! Lol
  • JE55Y
    Options

Lol, I made the mistake of shouting at a giant. The giant and his mammoth friend decided to chase me. I ran to the porch of an inn and the mammoth was going crazy, trying to get me with its trunk. I had to reload the game as I couldn't kill it. I feel so weak!

I have been storing all sorts of junk in my house. I've now got a weight limit of 400 so I can finally carry a decent amount before having to drop vital clothing such as my shoes, helmet, and gloves. I'm surprised my character didn't get frostbite on her toes! Lol

Yes, I've found some random dragons while wandering (one spawned on top of the town right after I loaded into Winterhold ... the beast fried the town drunk in about 2 seconds, whee). Some I managed to kill, some I had to leave alone (one was flying overhead near giants ... the giants are tougher than the dragons! at least, right now they are ...)

The bones/scales can be made into dragonscale armor. I don't know if I'll get to that point with my smithing yet (I haven't really tried to raise it, I'm working on alchemy), so for now I just store it at the house since it's so dang heavy.
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been alternating playing now since it came out. It is his turn right now, which is why I am here... lol
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Stupid double post :grumble:
  • JE55Y
    Options
    My husband and I have been alternating playing now since it came out. It is his turn right now, which is why I am here... lol

Lol, have you been giving him advice and hints. I don't think I could stop myself. I've been taking it in turns with my brother, I'm slightly further ahead than he is. He's a Mage and I'm a warrior with a double handed sword. Seemed to take him longer to kill the first Dagon with magic.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I want to get it, but he just got picked to do the closed beta for the Star Wars: Old Republic MMORPG and so Skyrim got bumped hahahaha. Plus it is pricey. Been checking out the youtube vids on it though and it looks so awesome! Bro-in-law may be getting it so I may have to invite myself over....to play with the nephew of course :wink: