Skyrim

Options

Replies

• Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been alternating playing now since it came out. It is his turn right now, which is why I am here... lol

Lol, have you been giving him advice and hints. I don't think I could stop myself. I've been taking it in turns with my brother, I'm slightly further ahead than he is. He's a Mage and I'm a warrior with a double handed sword. Seemed to take him longer to kill the first Dagon with magic.

The beauty of the game is we have gone so completely different directions.

We haven't really given hints, but it is nice to talk about certain parts of the game. He is a little further than me, but I also love to explore and look in everything... :)
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Wow...my Other half has been playing that earlier today!

He went and reserved every major game that's been released this month! The same month his birthday lands...which stamped on my idea of getting them for him. Grr. Does it every year. He gets what he wants when he wants it which makes it flippin awkward for birthday and Christmas!
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Personally do not play (I'm an online gamer when I do play), but damn, that game looks super sweet.
    buuuut I may just go out and buy this one :)
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I want to get it, but he just got picked to do the closed beta for the Star Wars: Old Republic MMORPG :

/jealous
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I anticipated it for so long. Pre-ordered it. Got the collectors **** and play it every chance I get (kinda hard atm, work, bf, life)

I'm a Dark Elf. Specialize in 2 handed crap.

I've been into this ever since Morrowind.. oh and I got it for PC
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Im a online gamer, game looks cool but saving $$$ for kids soooooo buying new games is out
    I have to many as it is :blushing:

They keep me entertained when hubby is at work though :happy:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I pre-ordered it and got it the day it came out. Love this game! My husband, daughter and I are all hooked on it. Dinner converation now revolves around what we've done in Skyrim. Lol
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I played way too much the day it came out. Then Saint's Row 3 consumed my life for 2 days, and then back to playing Skyrim too much again after that. Haha. I keep trying to do the main quest because I hear you get some killer shouts, but every time I set the main quest marker I get distracted by new places that pop up.

At least I've been playing a lot of dance central 2 over Thanksgiving break since I've been with family. I hope that balances out my lazy skyrim time :).

(Also, Skyrim looks excellent on the PC!!))
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    ooo Some good gamers about!
    High Elf
    Level 21
    Married, Home Owner
    Cheif of the Companions
    Warewolf by night and Dragon Killer by day :D
    9 Drangons down and many more to go.
    As for the main storey, only just met the Grey Beards lol

oh and im 360, happy gaming all! :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Can't... stop... playing...

Will come back to this later, when I'm not at work, but had to jump into this discussion. Haven't read the whole thread yet. I seriously can't stop playing this game, and I'm not a gamer. Got hooked on Elder Scrolls starting with Morrowind. Played Oblivion obsessively until I wore out the disc. LOVING Skyrim. These are the only games I play like this.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    imo, its the best on PC....just due to the mods that you can install. wish it would have been at least co-op, and then i would have purchased it on xbox.
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm now a werewolf! It's so cool. I can go on the rampage and feed of fleeing villagers :)
  • JE55Y
    Options

Will come back to this later, when I'm not at work, but had to jump into this discussion. Haven't read the whole thread yet. I seriously can't stop playing this game, and I'm not a gamer. Got hooked on Elder Scrolls starting with Morrowind. Played Oblivion obsessively until I wore out the disc. LOVING Skyrim. These are the only games I play like this.

Lol. I didn't like Morrowind because of the first person view. Oblivion was amazing and I got addicted too.

I
  • JE55Y
    Options
    Character Profile:

Nord
    Female
    Level 12
    Heavy armour. Two handed long sword.
    Imperial soldier
    Champion guild member
    Werewolf :)
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I had to take a break Sunday ... was getting frustrated in one dungeon because of course NOW that I'm a vampire, I'm running into ALL of these FIRE MAGES! eek! damn, that burns.

I'll wait to further the questline for lycanthropy as that'll cure my vampirism. Want to experience the blood-sucking a bit more. :bigsmile:
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Okay, I'm at home now. lol

My husband, knowing how much I love this series of games, pre-reserved me a copy and had it waiting at home for me when I got home from work, along with flowers and a bottle of wine, the day it was released. He let me open it and be the first to play it. I'm so hooked it's ridiculous. He laughs at me and tells me there are support groups for people like me.

However, we are now coordinating our game time. Almost the whole family is playing it. The only person in our house who is not playing is our youngest daughter. So... I get full unlimited access on the weekends since I don't have time to play during the week (and I would end up staying up too late and not be able to get up for work the next day...). My husband gets the game from when he gets home from work at 2:00 Mon - Fri until around 5:00-6:00, and he also gets Sat & Sun in the morning when I am sleeping in because I was playing all night. Our oldest daughter gets to play Mon - Fri in the evenings after dad is done for a couple hours, and our middle child cares the least so she just jumps in whenever she can... LMBO!

I'm a Redguard, level 21. I have joined the Imperial Legion, the Companions, the mages college in Winterhold, and the Dark Brotherhood. I'm also about to join the Thieves Guild. I want to experience EVERYTHING, so I follow every story line that is presented to me, which means I am constantly distracted by side quests and have not yet managed to advance with any of those groups. I am holding off on Dark Brotherhood & Thieves Guild activities somewhat as well because I want to get through the major story lines before I make everyone hate me.

Some points from having read this thread:

Lydia can die. Mine did pretty quickly. She wasn't that helpful to me anyway so I didn't bother going back to a previous save. She's just gone.

If you wear heavy armor and want to work on smithing, keep the dragon bones and scales. You can make dragon armor, and it's the best armor there is in the game. I WANT IT! I plan to make it and my house is stocked up on dragon stuff.

You will come across plenty of dragons as you progress through the game. I hesitated initially to use the souls to unlock the shouts, but I haven't had a problem with not having a soul to use when I have needed it. Of course, I wander all over and follow side quests constantly, it might be different if you progress through the main story lines quickly rather than taking your time and having more opportunity to run into dragons. I think I have killed 7-8 dragons. Lately they have been popping up all over the place. And once you get the hang of using those shouts, they are ridiculously helpful!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options

Lol. I didn't like Morrowind because of the first person view. Oblivion was amazing and I got addicted too.

I

There were quite a few things about Morrowind that bothered me. Perspectives was one of them. But I was pulled in by the depth and detail of both the story line and the world, and I got over those minor irritations and got hooked.

Oblivion, though, all minor irritations gone and I couldn't stop playing. Same as with Skyrim. Seriously can't stop. The Xbox froze last night and I was irritated for a moment... then I realized it was almost midnight and I had to be up at 5:30am for work so maybe the Xbox was trying to tell me to go to bed... LOL
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Elia
    Level 18 Nord
    Female
    Home Owner in Whiterun
    Arch Mage at College
    Incredibly talented at two-handed weaponry especially battleaxes
    Heavy Armor user
    Adept at lockpicking and sneaking
    Improving archery
    Have no use for "persuasion"
    8 dragons slayed sofar

Am I having fun? UM YEAH!
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    When do you actually stop getting perks? I heard it was lvl 50 and if that's the case I will have some really tough decisions to make. I'm playing a dark elf assassin (as I always do in elder scrolls games, ha). I am lvl 34 and was mainly dumping point into stealth, bows, alchemy ( for poisons), lockpicking, and a little in one handed and light armor. Now I'm thinking I want some of those pickpocket perks (like that +100 to inventory capacity), but after seeing my brow take down a dragon in like 2 seconds with his dual-wield super-smithed swords I kind of want to fill out the blacksmith tree a bit which will take at least 5 points.

I guess I really don't need the smithing since I can do a x30 backstab (x15 damage from dagger sneak attack perk + 2x backstab damage gloves from dark brotherhood ) but being able to make dragon armor is kind of tempting. Anybody else having trouble deciding what to dump their points into?