Can't seem to stop :(

Options
I started mfp three weeks ago and I was doing great controlling what I ate and exercising on a regular basis. I lost four pounds. Ever since this past Wednesday I cannot control what I eat and I am just going off control and not exercising and not having the motivation to do either. I feel like I am on square one again. I don't know what to do :( I don't know how to start again. I am 140 and overweight the doctor said I need to be 115-125 in order to be healthy according to my height and age. I need help :/

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Just... start now.

Look, tomorrow is going to come no matter what you do. So you can either make wiser, healthier decisions or you can throw in the towel and live with great regret everyday.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    We can all encourage you to get back on track, not give up, etc. But, at the end of the day? It is totally and completely up to YOU to do it. YOU have to want it. YOU have to take the necessary steps to get back on track. YOU have to realize that you're worth it.

Good Luck to you! You CAN do it - but you have to REALLY want it!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You do know how to start again - do what you did to lose 4 pounds.

What height are you - 115 seems very little to be healthy?
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I seem to be out of give a crap lately too. I don't want to think about counting calories or exercise. You can preplan your day and meals. That helps with the not wanting to give it much thought. Stick to healthy stuff you know instead of finding new stuff right now. Look for new recipes and exercises when you feel motivated again. Don't eat a bunch of crap because you'll just feel worse.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    It's ok, don't give up, just start over as many times as you need to. Don't be hard on yourself, forgive yourself. Try to find things that can motivate you or different ways of doing things that can help you stay on track. It's definitely a learning and growing process and discovering about yourself and how your body works. You can do it!
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i hope for you when you wake up in the morning you will put your desire to be free of guilt and regret into action. i hope you choose wisely your food choices and have a clear path to exercise. Success breeds success.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Just... start now.

Look, tomorrow is going to come no matter what you do. So you can either make wiser, healthier decisions or you can throw in the towel and live with great regret everyday.

Wise words
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Monday. :flowerforyou:
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    One thing i will say is that doctors don't know what theyre talking about. When i was 9st 7lbs (think thats 133lbs), i looked very slim. Infact my mum thought i looked too slim and so did a couple of others, well the doctor told me i was borderline over weight. Now to me, i felt good at that weight and to say that to someone who is alright with their weight can cause a lot of damage, i've read about it leading to Eating Disorders and Anorexia all because of that little comment from a doctor. I know what im saying is a little off topic but i just think doctors should be careful especially when some of these people are well in proportion for their height.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I used to have bad days all the time when I started. But it gets easier the more you do it. It becomes second nature. If you have a bad day, just start fresh the next day. Soon you'll have more good days than bad days.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm right where you are! Since Wednesday, I have eaten everything in sight and not exercised at all. I'm going back to proper diet and exercise on Monday. I'm giving myself one more day of irresponsibly, then I'm strictly sticking to my 1200 calories + 1 hour of cardio a day.

However, I think you should know that the BMI is not always right. You don't seem to be unhappy with your body (from what this post sounds like) so I wouldn't stress to hit a magic number on the scale.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new chance to do the right thing. Set a goal and then add a new goal every day. It doesn't have to be a big goal… for me it's much better to make intermediate "reachable" goals. Maybe it's not to eat "perfectly". It can be to not eat any fried foods (or whatever "bad" food you have an issue with). Then, set a goal to exercise for 10 minutes. If you're in that big of a rut, sometimes the only way out is baby steps. Some people can go "cold turkey", some can't. Neither way is wrong. The right way is which one works for you!

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I hear ya- I will share w/ you what helped/helps me-

Log your eating- even binges- as best you can- it doesn't matter if you're the only one who sees it (although having supportive friends who won't throw stones is a HUGE asset!)

....it's helpful to really SEE the *damage* and take a look at it....sometimes you can still exercise *some*, sometimes all/most, of it
    BACK OFF...which is a very victorious feeling....

but, if not, it keeps you honest with yourself.

And YES, each day is a new start.........

I *used* to binge for several days in a row, figuring I'd "already blown it....might as well just keep goin........."
    Logging it- for reasons I can't fully explain myself.......has kept me from staying in that vicious mental trap....
    and I learned quickly that I could start FRESH the next day.

Best Wishes to you........YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They can because they think they can.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Can't see your food and exercise diary so have no idea whether what you were doing was unsustainable in the long term, or whether your goal is reasonable for your age / gender / height.

If you open your food diary and profile you'll stand a far better chance of getting useful replies.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I started mfp three weeks ago and I was doing great controlling what I ate and exercising on a regular basis. I lost four pounds. Ever since this past Wednesday I cannot control what I eat and I am just going off control and not exercising and not having the motivation to do either. I feel like I am on square one again. I don't know what to do :( I don't know how to start again. I am 140 and overweight the doctor said I need to be 115-125 in order to be healthy according to my height and age. I need help :/
    When this happens they, it's occasionally because there is a deeper need we are not addressing. Our bodies can take on a life of their own and rebel against us. It's not always about will power and sometimes it's just simply being honest with ourselves and being willing to look at the situation and what is really going on in the moment. If you have to have something it's not about avoiding it its about providing in a different way. Somethings are good to avoid like smoking but that is a whole other story. We tend to forget what a gift our bodies are. Find some motivation. Seek it out and give yourself small attainable goals. Find a buddy to help keep you accountable, they are out there. That is one thing about us humans, we like to fix things so someone is out there who will come along on your journey with you. Oh and blogging your struggles would not only help you but bless someone else and if you typed your thoughts out it would give you a moment to process why your eating and by the time you finished the hunger may have passed. Be blessed and I hope you find your journey prosperous into abundant living.
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    .... your walking up a set of stairs.......
    unfortunately you've stumbled and stepped back a step....

what do you do now.???.. go back to the bottom of the stairs and start again...??

or........ do you keep going from where you are, and keep steping forward...???

see your not starting again, you just gotta keep going.... xox
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Oh I forgot, arming yourself and setting boundaries helps! I have logged a week out before and it kept me on track. It gave me the ability not only to stick to it but also wiggle room to add in the extras, like deserts. It was earning my reward. It comes down to basic budgeting. You stick to your budget so you can not financially implode. You skip buying that extra pair of shoes that were just too cute even though they were a super good deal so you can have food otherwise you go hungry cause you don't have the money to eat. You have a goal of not necessarily losing weight but getting healthy, and weight loss is a side effect of that.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    .... your walking up a set of stairs.......
    unfortunately you've stumbled and stepped back a step....

what do you do now.???.. go back to the bottom of the stairs and start again...??

or........ do you keep going from where you are, and keep steping forward...???

see your not starting again, you just gotta keep going.... xox
    Your wisdom is showing. That is great advice!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. You care enough to worry and seek support, that's the good news. Look at it this way, if you had one flat tire on your car would you go run over nails and get 3 more flat tires ? Nope! You just patch the one up and keep on moving forward.