Going to DO IT

Options
OK. This website is going to help me lose 76 pounds. 76! How did that happen? I guess - a few pounds here - a few pounds there - and here I am age 60, obese and out of shape. So, healthy eating, moderate exercise and long term goals here I come.

Replies

• lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes you are! Stay on here and account for everything. Remember, your going to have good days and bad days. Just keep pushing!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for committing to it! Check in daily and log everything so you stay accountable. I also started with 76 to lose and I'm down 22 with a lot of help from MFP and the community here.

Stay motivated and you'll get there! Welcome!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    AWESOME! You will do it! You came to the right place! If you need a friend add me :happy:
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, and I've got more to go than that... but we'll both do it! Welcome!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    YEP, that seems about right :) welcome
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and glad you made it. i started in Aug thinking about turning 50 and thought weighing 150 would be a reasonable goal. i just recalculated my goals last week as i am making enough progress by God's grace and MFP's help to bump things up. It happens a day at a time. one choice at a time. having a plan really helps keep you on track and having folks around to encourage you is a blessing. Best wishes to you
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    To your health! :drinker:
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They can because they think they can.
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! First goal is being able to walk half a mile without back spasming.