I binged for the first time today...

Options
And I ate over 3000 calories of yogurt, cereal, pumpkin pie, hibachi chicken and rice, chocolate chip cookies, and movie theatre popcorn.

I feel absolutely disgusting and I want to make myself throw up. I lost over 50 pounds this year, but I stopped working towards my goal around September. I never make time to exercise because I hardly have time (I'm a senior in high school). I've lost sight of my goals and what's good for me. Help me. :(

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    DON'T make yourself throw up! Trust me...a couple of times this semester i did that out of emotions and stress, and felt the exact same. Same with this week and Thanksgiving. Just know that tomorrow is a new day, you're not alone, and you CAN do this! Think of the bigger picture! One night won't ruin it!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up! tomorrow is a new day
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    It's just one day, forgive yourself... but don't forget this slip-up. The fact that you recognize the problem is half the battle. Now, get back on your horse, and ride.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You'll meet a lot of people here that say it's actually good to binge once in awhile. I think it calms some people mentally and maybe gets the body to lose weight again. I am an occasional binger and you see that weight loss is still possible! Just think of tomorrow as a blank slate and train that much harder, and eat that much better :)
  • blacktallon
    Options
    You want to make yourself throw up? Ive had plenty of those days and I still loose weight. In fact many dietitians recommend cheat days. If you want to know whats good for you.. Id stop being so hard on yourself and just enjoy a "cheat day" once in awhile. It was only one day.

PS I find if I take cheat days it helps keep me from hitting a plateau.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    just remember, to gain ONE pound, you have to eat 3500 calories on top of what your maintenance calories!!!! That would be around 5000 total calories. Don't worry about it, you didn't gain weight in one night before, it's when it's a habit that it becomes a problem. Try to think about what triggered your binge and then don't dwell on it. Tomorrow is a new day (but don't weigh in tomorrow because, while its not fat, you might retain water so DRINK DRINK DRINK! :heart: :happy:
  • mrsxbrightside
    Options
    The easiest thing in the world to do is give up.
    You're giving up on yourself, and you should know that you're worth fighting for.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think cheating is fine, my mentality is if I do that to myself I have to work out even harder the next few days. Don't sweat it, we all binge once in a while! Just continue eating good on the other days and you should be fine. What I do with my crap food is work it into my calories so I don't go over. You got this! :)
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    It happens to everyone in the world! Don't punishe yourself for that!
    It is ok and normal once in while.
  • SWharton
    SWharton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm one week away from finishing year ten and next year going on my senior years. Everyone has those days where they binge eat. As long as its not everyday its nothing to worry about. I used to eat all the time because I was stressed and didn't feel good about mmyself. But it wasn't until I realized that I could make a change that I started being more confident. You've made a really great accomplishment and there's always the start of a new day :)
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to stop you, like I'm watching the movie of your life and could say "Don't open that door!" to you. It makes me want to turn my head away.

I am a recovering bulimic. This is very hard for me. Do not do it or you will absolutely never undo it, never get out of it.

If it helps you to know this, I have lost more weight consistently since starting toward a path of healthy living than I ever lost while severely bulimic. Eating disorders are not about weight loss.

Probably none of that makes sense. If it's disjointed, I'm sorry. This is kind of upsetting to me.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Do not throw up! Or over exercise. The path towards eating disorders is a slippery slope, so stay on the healthy heights.

This is a long term journey and each day is a few start. Put behind you (distract yourself if neccessary), learn from it tomorrow and move on.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Every morning is a new day, a new chance to win, be successful. You are where you were which is great. But you are slipping back into old bad habits and you feel bad about it, which is a good thing, If you didnt feel bad about it then you have lost, but you are here looking for help so you are heading in the right durection for a victory!!!!! Just start over tomorrow and do your very best. Set your head to want this more than anything in the world. I cant tell you how many bites of food I got in my mouth and spit it out before I messed up, So keep up the good work you have done and hang in there you CAN do this!!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    3000 sounds like a lot for one day, but if you look at your weekly totals then you are probably still at a deficit. It's not nearly as bad as it seems.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

I feel absolutely disgusting

Why do you think you feel this way?
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, I did the same thing today but with cereal and brownies. I also binged like 5 times in the past week and a half which I haven't done in a long time. The biggest thing is when you have a slipup just get back on the wagon. If you need any support, let me know, I'm happy to help!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    The best part is you can always take it off. Dont beat yourself up after a day of over eating. GET BACK ON TRACK!!!! Just because you werent ready in the past doesnt mean you cant make a stride to make it right for yourself. Remind yourself of how far youve come! Youve accomplished some amazing goals! 10 more to go! Look with how much you had to start with just for you to get down to the ten! I cant wait till I can see I have 10 to lose. I still have 59 more to go! Ive ate like crazy these last couple of days. But i know when i get back home its straight back onto the program. Because i no longer have to lose 163lbs. I only have 59! You got this! Now do it damn it lol Let me know how your progress goes, or if you need some help! If we didnt we wouldnt belong to a site like this! Thats what were all here for.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    These are things we need to learn to correct. Not overnight, but over time. You are so young still. One binge like you had isn't going to reverse all of your hard work. Dust yourself off and get back on track.