Turkey Leftovers - HELP

Options
inlander
inlander Posts: 339 Member
I used the search function to see if this has already been posted, but let's face it, the search function here sucks.

That said, I need to know what to do with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Days one and two I had traditional turkey dinner-type meals. Today we're having hot turkey sandwiches. We are left with a bunch of dark meat.

Turkey soup has been recommended to me, but I really want to make soup my last option here because it's not that easy to transport to/from places for me.

Do you have any recipes for leftover turkey? Pretty please? I'm so sick of turkey right now.

Replies

• methetree
    Options
    take the meat off the bones and make turkey enchiladas out of it.
    olives, enchilada sauce. I get mission thin corn tortillas and use light cheese.
    Not horrible in calories, and a way to eat up that good meat in a spicy, tasty manner.

good luck
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot of dark meat, this is something I like to do, make enchiladas! I simply just get a can of green enchilada sauce and shred up the dark meat with some onions and a teeny bit of shredded cheese... heat up some corn tortillas at 300 degree f. for about 6 or 7 minutes until they are soft, Roll up the goodies inside... fill the tray, dump sauce over the top, cook at 375 for about 20 minutes... Yummm...
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com ;D
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    Use it in salad or in the rice. It tastes wonderful hun...
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    take the meat off the bones and make turkey enchiladas out of it.
    olives, enchilada sauce. I get mission thin corn tortillas and use light cheese.
    Not horrible in calories, and a way to eat up that good meat in a spicy, tasty manner.

good luck

Great minds think alike?!?!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You can always freeze it for use at a later time. Or try allrecipes.com and type in turkey and you will get a ton of recipes. My favs are cold turkey sandwiches for lunches or turkey casserole.
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just made this tonight and used Turkey instead of the chicken. It's so delicous and low cal. I didn't have the mushrooms or the celery this time and it still turned out amazing. Love it!!

Chicken Pot Pie Soup
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pt • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 169.2 • Fat: 1.2 g • Protein: 18.5 g • Carb: 21.2 g • Fiber: 2.3 g

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 bowl (1-1/2 cups) • Old Points: 5 pt • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 253.8 • Fat: 1.8 g • Protein: 27.7 g • Carb: 31.9 g • Fiber: 3.4 g

1/4 cup flour (to make gluten-free use 2 tbsp cornstarch instead)
    2 cups water
    4 cups fat free milk
    1 large celery stalk, chopped
    1/2 medium chopped onion
    8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
    2 chicken bouillons
    fresh ground pepper
    pinch of thyme
    10 oz frozen classic mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn)
    2 potatoes, peeled and cubed small
    16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small salt

Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.

Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil. Addcelery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bullion, thyme, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes. Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Addchicken, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add. Cookanother 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Chop up turkey into some fat free gravy (or gravy of choice), boil up some macaroni (of choice) mix together and add some light or fat free sour cream for a mock turkey stroganoff.

I chop it up into my lunch salad too.

Other than that...freeze it and use it later for casseroles.
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I make turkey salad with low fat mayo, celery, curry powder, green apples etc. Yummy!
  • paytruhh
    paytruhh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made an omelette this morning! I made it with two eggs, cut up leftover turkey, and low-fat shredded cheese. It was pretty yummy and a unique way to get rid of that turkey!
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Pot pie
    tacos
    pasta
    omelets
    So many options http://www.foodnetwork.com/
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I had a turkey garden salad today instead of a chicken garden salad. Tomorrow we're having turkey caesar salads, and then we might have turkey barbecue sandwiches with whole wheat bread. Pretty tasty!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwiches with leftover cranberry sauce, is my all time fav. The little bits of turkey, and left over veg make great omelettes and soups. Hot turkey soup is great for late evening snack. I guarantee you will not have trouble sleeping that night!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I layered mine in a casserole, like a mock shepards pie, for dinner tonight. I layered stuffing, green bean casserole (or whatever veg you have), turkey in bite sized pieces, mashed potatos. cover with foil and reheat. Heat left over gravy and put on when done, served some cranberry sauce on the side. Enjoyed it better that way today.
    I also do enchiladas, soup, quiche, tetrazzini, pink cloud sandwiches (turkey, brie, green apple slices, a little cranberry, mayo on a cranberry ginger bread lightly toasted)
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My husband made soup, ate some and froze some.
    I made a turkey casserole and froze it for later.
    I also froze enough to make enchiladas or shredded BBQ turkey sandwiches later.
    I even read online and froze mashed potatoes...we will see how that works!!!
  • LoosieLoo
    LoosieLoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This looked delicious to me, I only wish we had cooked the tirkey this year so I could make some. I might have to run to the store & get some turkey breast.

Turkey & Jack Cheese Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa - Cooking Light
    356 calories for a 3 wedge serving

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/jack-quesadillas-with-cranberry-salsa-10000000780353/