Willpower Wins

Options
Thanksgiving break gave me an excuse to binge. And when I binge I don't mess around. I gained about 5 lbs. :cry: But I've gotten myself together and I've stayed within my calorie goal and been healthy since Thanksgiving.

So...I wanna hear your stories about times you were tempted to pig out and didn't. Times you used your willpower to overcome your gluttony.

Can't wait to be inspired!

Replies

• ziggle_7
    ziggle_7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    well i'm one of those people who likes to pig out late at night. Im not sure if its because of bordom or cause i'm hungry sometimes but late at night i always get cravings to eat. Most of the time now when I feel like eating later at night i either go for a walk or have some green tea instead. Not sure why but the green tea always seems to give me that full feeling. lol my other alternative is always heading to bed early. Bordom eating is another things i'm working on.... now instead of grabbing a bag of chips tho i 'm grabbing a yogurt or apple =)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    To gain five pounds, you need to eat 17,500 calories plus maintenance calories. Are you sure you aren't just retaining water?
  • nevadjinn
    nevadjinn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hope so...I'll check and see if it goes back down.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If you ate 17,500 calories in one day, you would probably throw up. Or maybe not. I would, and I'm a chronic binge-r.
  • nevadjinn
    Options
    This was a protracted 3 day or so binge. And yes I did throw up. You look great! How have you managed that in spite of bingeing? If you don't mind my asking...
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    ^ It's Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft ;)
  • nevadjinn
    Options
    now I feel really smart :blushing:
  • lexik09
    lexik09 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    im a huge fan of hot herbal teas. my personal favorite is jasmine green tea. i drink about 3 cups of tea a day and it keeps me satisfied until my next meal.
  • alikat_56
    Options
    tea is a good idea. I like chai tea and peppermint tea mixed together. I need to drink that next time I feel that old 'hunger' urge that's really just bored.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!