anyone out there feel this way?

Options
Sometimes I get so hungry i start shaking, and If i dont eat i start sweating and feeling faint, Im wondering if anybody feels this way? I find it odd but now that im eating healthy foods i eat more often and havent felt as bad the last tow days........any advice would be great thanks:smile:

Replies

• ms_michelle2006
    Options
    Sometimes I get so hungry i start shaking, and If i dont eat i start sweating and feeling faint, Im wondering if anybody feels this way? I find it odd but now that im eating healthy foods i eat more often and havent felt as bad the last tow days........any advice would be great thanks:smile:
  • soccermommie02
    Options
    You are not alone. I have been there several times. I thinks it your body in shock. Like withdraw. What i have been doing is keeping yogart or FF something at hand i can grab as a quick snack. Your body isnt used to the lower calorie and it will go away after time.
    Does get better.
  • christahollis
    Options
    That's low blood sugar, a physiological respose to your body's needs.
    Eat more frequently, quality protein, only whole grains (which won't cause the blood sugar spike, and resulting dip that causes your discomfort), and get some fat in there too.
  • tmcnabb104
    tmcnabb104 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a little bit every other hour. You will acclimate to less food. When I first lost weight the first day or so were like what you describe.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I feel this way if I wait too long before eating again. Everyone gave great advice--eat often, whole grains, fat, protein, etc. All those things will help keep that away. Also, it will balance out in time. When I don't eat before working out I have the same problem, I will absolutely drop during the work out. I got over it by having a little tuna on a whole grain, high fiber bread.
  • jpketz
    jpketz Posts: 73
    Options
    To reiterate what several people have said...
    It's advisable to eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day, not allowing more than 3 hours between them. It can be hard to get into that routine, but you'll really notice a profound difference in the way you feel if you're prone to blood sugar crashes. Also, having a little protein with every meal will also help you to feel full along with enough water.

If this is all new, be patient. As someone said, it takes time for your body to acclimate.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic and that's a good sign for me that my blood sugar is dropping to low.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    When I first started, and was using the 1200 calories a day, I felt this way all the time. I bumped up my calories a bit and it went away.

That's classic low-blood sugar. Eat more often, or explore increasing your calories.

Fainting is no fun! Trust me on that one. :flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If there is family history of diabetic problems, get tested. You may need more attention than you realize. If it is simply lack of food, follow the above advice. I would also recommend keeping a simple sugar (piece of fruit, candy, etc) nearby incase you do crash. The key is to give your body a shot of sugar to bring it back to equilibrium. We actually keep glucose tabs in the our kits for such situations. Then eat a real meal with protein so that you don't crash again.

I'm not advocating letting it get to that point, but until you have it in control, better safe than sorry. You don't want to pass out, then you risk a concussion and much longer recovery.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

try peanut butter and a apple and a piece of cheese combination....

I am hypoglycemic....

It works,
  • ethmcd50
    ethmcd50 Posts: 3
    Options
    Like some have said here, I'm an advocate of eating small quantities 5-6 times per day. It's been the key for me getting over the shakes. Coupled with regular visits to the gym, I just don't get the shakes anymore! I had to force myself to eat breakfast and mid-morning, but after awhile, my body craves something in the morning if I forget. And it also helped me cut down my huge lunches and dinners. Feed your cells! But in moderation.