rapid loss shakes..

ok.. seriously considering doing shakes for at least a month ... good/ bad? any tips, for once i stop.. cause if i lose any weight i dont want it comming back on ... xoxo

Replies

• I tried slim fast but was always hungry lol... I prefer lean meats and vegetables and still lose 2-3lbs a week. I'm not totally sure but I don't think it's good for you to lose weight too fast anyways.

Either way you choose, best of luck :tongue:
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Personally, I can't deny myself like that. I like the adjust calories/ watch sugars and fat and be patient plan for weight loss.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 584 Member
    look whats in them so many are full of sodium, sugar and other crap.
  • I did the HMR shakes and loved them
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    I myself think every diet will work as long as you stick to it. I would probably watch my protein counts tho and maybe have some protein bars in between the shakes. A multivitamin probably wouldn't hurt either. Exercise.
  • LadyAmina
    LadyAmina Posts: 9 Member
    I have heard that it is best to take it off they way you plan to keep it off, so unless you plan to live on shakes primarily...then you might want to reconsider. I have done it and it was like a punishment. I ended up back here...so arm yourself with as much information as possible and we will be here for you!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    I did the HMR shakes and loved them
    what is this?
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Eh, I wouldn't recommend it because since you replace your meals with shakes and lose weight as soon as you go back to eating normally you will put the weight back on. I tried slimfast and it so wasn't worth it, I was always hungry and I only lost a couple pounds. The most success with weightloss so far is just by counting calories, I consume 1200 to 1600 a day and exercise an hour a day on the treadmill. I did this for a month and lost a dress size. I would suggest replacing one meal every now and then with a shake. I love Svelte shakes they are at whole foods and take longer to digest so you are full longer and they are yummy!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,139 Member
    I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks drinking shakes, but then I had a chicken breast and put the weight back on. j/k:bigsmile:
  • cycle_queen
    cycle_queen Posts: 49 Member
    Not a good idea. I drink protein shakes in the morning as my breakfast or post workout. A meal replacement once or twice a day is okay, but that can`t be your only source of nutrients. A lot of meal replacements are high calories just an FYI... you are better off to actually cook your meals. It`s amazing how much food you can eat if you eat lean and green! ;)
  • Body by Vi is the way to go, my first month I lost 16 lbs, They taste great too!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Body by Vi is the way to go, my first month I lost 16 lbs, They taste great too!
    [/qu
    how much does it cost?
  • I did the HMR shakes and loved them

Me too..I love them Now my son is doing it. :)
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    I drink slimfast shakes occasionally as a meal replacement for breakfast when I'm in a hurry, but I would not suggest replacing every meal with a shake. They have a lot of sugar so when I do drink one, I am sure to balance out the rest of the day by not eating anything else that is high in sugar. I would also be mindful of the sodium as well, slimfast isn't over the top with sodium but some others may be. You still need a balanced diet, with lean meats, fruits, vegetables, etc. It's impossible to maintain a diet solely on shakes for the rest of your life so remember its all about changing your lifestyle. Blessing to you on your journey!:-)