Any one doing Curves Circuit Training?

Options
Any one doing Curves Circuit Training?

Do you feel like its helping?

I was thinking of going as a jump step to getting fit...

Replies

• SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am not currently doing Curves, but I did it for 1 year and it was really great for me.
    I started after a surgery that left me weak (couldn't walk up my own stairs without getting wobbly). I gained a lot of strength without bulking up at all. I also improved my cardio fitness over the year. it was very noticeable that I could walk up small hills without breathing heavy, etc.
    When I quit Curves after my 1 year membership was up I did lose some strength, but have kept my overall fitness level.
    I found it a little boring after a few months.
    Some people end up chatting w/friends and enjoy the time, but I always found that if I chatted with the other ladies I did not get nearly as a good a workout. So I tried to focus on what I was doing.
    After a year break, I got a 2-month membership through Groupon and went back. I needed to work back up to more strength but I got bored right away.
    When I walk on my treadmill at home I either listen to a podcast or think about stuff, but since it's just me - and since the treadmill keeps going no matter what my brain is doing - I get a more consistent workout that way.
    I have tried, this time around, to keep up my strength through video workouts at home and so far that is going well.

I think Curves is a great starting point!
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started Curves in April 09' and I still love going. I've lost somewhere around 77lbs and 65in. I don't follow the curves diet though I've heard great things. I also do different things such as Turbo Jam and 30DS when I don't have the chance to go in, but for the first year it was Curves all the way and I had success! Most places offer a week or month free so I always say to at least give it a shot. Good luck! :D
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started curves 2 months ago and I really like it. The people are really nice and like that its only a 30 minute commitment. I have to get weighed and measured tomorrow. I am encouraged that you have been doing it for so long and still enjoy it.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I tried it and didn't care for it at all. Personally i would rather go to a regular gym and do my own thing! It's a matter of personal preference. Use the free trial they offer and check it out for yourself, then commit only if you feel it would benefit you! Any exercise is better than none. I am waiting for a gym to be built in my small town, it seems to be taking forever but i can't wait! I'm sick of always having to walk in the rain and freezing to death...lol! Good luck!
    Denise
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to start on Monday! I have heard the same thing about it getting boring but I don't care because it is better than nothing!

The added benefit for me is that I save $10/m because of my employer!!!! YAY!

I am really looking forward to this!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of Curves for 3 years now. I lost 13 lbs since starting and since I've started using MFP an additional 24 lbs. I workout 6 days a week and enjoy that I don't have to think about what my workout is going to entail. The only downside to Curves is that sometimes the circuit gets too busy and although I can workout as many times in a day as I want, their system will only count your calorie loss for one workout.

I'm thinking about switching my membership once we get closer to the new year. I want to add in swimming, more cardio and get more workouts in and Curves doesn't offer that.
  • sptsimone
    Options
    I started over a month ago and enjoy how easy it is. I was getting lazy and making excuses at my other gym (working out there for 2yrs) so I thought this would make a good change. I feel it's a better use of my time and money and I really enjoy Curves with Zumba. I plan on starting Curves Smart in January!