What's your New Year's Resolution??

Options
13»

Replies

• oxlilparkxo
    oxlilparkxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To reach my goal weight! Its mine every year but I feel like I can really do it this year no messing around. My mind is totally set!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't really make New Year's Resolutions. If I see something in myself I want to change or improve, I set about doing just that. I do not wait for Jan 1 to start.

This. If making new year's resolutions works for you, then that's wonderful, but I tend to address things as they come up. :smile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I don't really make New Year's Resolutions. If I see something in myself I want to change or improve, I set about doing just that. I do not wait for Jan 1 to start.

I knew I loved you for a reason...there's no time like the present!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My new year's resolution is to speak less and listen more. It's going to be hard, and it's not really measurable, but I think I can give it a shot.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    To take things a little less seriously and try not to stress so much...wish me luck, lol.

To run a 5K
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    To love myself more (I deserve it)
    To leave my excuses behind
    To laugh more
    To never quit. Good things are worth the pain and hard work.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    -Save up for my dream home in Pasadena
    -Franchise a Bikram Yoga studio
    -Learn to speak/read/write Tunisian fluently
    -Enjoy as much time with my husband and kids
    -Be a happier person
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    1. Complete my studies and get a degree!
    2. Hit my goal weight within the first half of the year.
    3. Run a 5k

I usually don't manage to keep my 'new year' resolutions, but this time I set some fairly realistic ones that I'm already working on, will continue to work towards, and eventually reach the goal! :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    1. To completely give up the soft drink. (have cut back significantly but need to cut it out)
    2. To have the title of overweight (currently moribidly obese. That would involve another 25kg lost)
    3. To start and continue a strength training program
    4. To play state league next season
    5. Pay off my credit cards!
  • CherryBlossom1982
    CherryBlossom1982 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2012 are:

1. Complete my first half marathon (Feb 2012)
    2. Become more organized

These in turn will help me get to my goal weight and become healthier.

3. Learn Spanish so I as well as her daddy and fmaily can teach my baby, being that she is half Puerto Rican :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    well my plan was to try and reach 11st for xmas and new years resolution to lose the other one and half stone in 2012 before my birthday, but I've already passed that goal and only have 19lbs left and hoping to be nearer to 10st (140lbs) by end of year.. so I guess my new one would be to stick to my new healthy lifestyle and continue to try and improve my mobility and independence and not to get so overweight again!!! :blushing:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided about this year's yet. Last year my resolution was to live more congruently with my beliefs, which included to stop driving like a jerk, stop buying magazines (feel guilty about the water and paper waste, chemicals), and to ALWAYS use my travel mugs instead of forgetting and using disposable cups. And I was successful! :) I've used only about 3 disposable cups this year, I don't drive like a maniac anymore, and I haven't been buying magazines at all! :)
  • allisonkempo
    allisonkempo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine are:

1. Eliminate my credit card debt
    2. Reach my goal weight by December 2012
    3. Find a job that brings me joy while working with people I respect and admire
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Finish 2 half-marathons
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    To run my half marathon in under 3 hours in March :)
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i don't usually make resolutions but this year i am going to learn to do pull-ups with no assist!