Treadmill

Options
Can you loose weight at a decent rate if you mainly walk (fast) with the incline? I use to jog but hurt my knee a year ago, so jogging on the treadmill is hard for me.

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    YES! Walk at an incline. Start small and work your way up!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    of course! you could lose weight doing enough of just about anything including standing :smile:
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    if you walk or you run you will loose weight. The difference is you would not have to run as long as you have to walk for the same result. Or at least that is what my Dr told me. IF i am wrong blame her :)
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Can you loose weight at a decent rate if you mainly walk (fast) with the incline? I use to jog but hurt my knee a year ago, so jogging on the treadmill is hard for me.

Yes you can. Walking is lower impact than jogging. Easier on the knees. You can get on the elliptical for much lower impact.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Walking is one of the greates exercises there is ... not only can you lose weight, you are also making your heart healthier ! Just get moving at a decent pace and set a regimen of at least 5 days a week. You will notice a difference and you will feel great ! :)
  • xMarisaJeanx
    xMarisaJeanx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Walking is just as good as running. The key is to be consistent!! :-)