wii fit

Options
Hey,

I just got a wii for an early Christmas gift and was wondering if any of you have used the wii fit or wii fit plus and what you think about it. I might investing in that if people suggest it. Thanks :D

Replies

• dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I personally have a wii with a balance board. I use them with the Biggest loser challenge game. It gives me a really good work out. When I can't get to the gym I get to the wii. I have heard the wii fit products are good too but the the BL challenge is actually a harder work out. I would definitely recommend it though.
  • marky54
    marky54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Since June I have solely used my WII Fit Plus. I am now doing 20 mins of muscle and yoga and 30 min of Free Jogging. At time of writing this I have lost 47 pounds.

I have now joined a gym to add to my work outs with a view to cutting down on WII.

I have go to say that it has greatly helped me.

:smile:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    i've had a wii for about 3 yrs now and used to use it regularly with the fit then fit plus until i had my daughter n she interrupted my evenings, ha!! seriously tho, you can get some fab work outs for it, my personal favourites being the golds gym boxing, zumba (altho I was shocked at how few cals I burnt doing that!) and other dance ones. i'd love to get back into it, its just a time issue for me having 2 little ones
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Have the wii fit plus and love it. I like it cause you have fun while burning calories. I have also purchased extenders for my board so I get a greater burn.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have both. I like the Wii Fit Plus better, it has everything the Wii Fit does, but it has additional exercises and games. It's nice if you want a quick workout at home, but it doesn't really burn a lot of calories. It was never a substitute for a gym workout for me. I always liked doing the yoga for some stretching, but I mainly used it as a scale.
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's great, but you can also do a lot of workouts without it. The Wii sports that comes with the wii (at least it used to) has a lot of active games that are great. I also just bought a Jillian Michaels game on clearance at Target, that uses either the regular wii remote or the balance board.

So, if money is tight, you can do without.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,943 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and the Wii Fit Plus.
    They are essentially the same but the Wii Fit Plus has everything the Wii Fit does plus more so get the Wii Fit Plus.

I also have also enjoyed using the following to change things up:
    -Just Dance 1 and Just Dance 2 but didn't buy Just Dance 3 as I thought it would be redundant.
    -Wii Gold's Gym Cadio Workout (mostly boxing)
    -Wii Gold's Gym Dance Workout
    -Wii My Fitness Coach
    -Wii Sports

I also have;
    -Wii Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 but the game/screen/Mii and the controller don't seem to communicate properly for certain activities but I like the variety of activities but wouldn't buy it unless it was super cheap
    -Wii Play but I have hardly ever used it as it doesn't get you to be very active, it's more like games than exercises
    -Wii Sports Resort but I didn't like it at all when I received it as a gift but now I sometimes use it to change things up but don't get a big workout from it as mostly use your controller and you arms
    -Wii Dance Dance Revolution but I was too intimidated to try it when it was bought for me as a gift as it seemed complicated for a non-dance, non-co-ordinated person so it has been in the box and packaging for almost a year now (when I use the Just dance it only gives you points for the hand movements so if I mess up the feet or don't do them at all when I get frustrated, it doesn't matter)
    -Wii EA Active 2 but was also a gift that that is still in the box as I hate having to learn how to use new "games" but eventually I will open it an persevere to give myself more variety and challenge
    -Wii Fit In 6 but was also a gift and it is also still in the box but hopefully I will attempt it soon! ;)