The Wii Fit Body Test is way off!!!!!!!!

Options
Okay, so I use Wii Fit to exercise sometimes and they have this thing called a body test that ways you and checks out your balance and everything. For everyone who has Wii Fit, have you guys noticed that the weight thing is waaaaaay off, or is it just me? One day it said I lost 4 pounds and the next day, it said I gained 7. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!! Is something I'm doing wrong here, or what?:huh: :bigsmile:

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Okay, so I use Wii Fit to exercise sometimes and they have this thing called a body test that ways you and checks out your balance and everything. For everyone who has Wii Fit, have you guys noticed that the weight thing is waaaaaay off, or is it just me? One day it said I lost 4 pounds and the next day, it said I gained 7. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!! Is something I'm doing wrong here, or what?:huh: :bigsmile:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My good friend has a wii and it's fun to mock the thing... 'you stupid machine!':grumble: :explode: :laugh: :wink:
    (at least with hers it's always a bit off... that's why I stick with the medical scale at the gym).
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    My wii...I do not have those problems with the weight part of it. Well maybe not yet anyways. I trust it more than my scale that is about 30 years old...lol :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    my wii fit is just about right on. Are you weighing yourself the same time each day?
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    my wii fit is right on as well, i have weighed myself on my digital scale and hen on the wii fit and the are the same
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My WII does pretty good with weight
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    My wii fit is spot on for my weight. The problem I have with it is that it told my boyfriend he is obese the first time he went on it. My boyfriend is a football player and coach who has been playing for over ten years now. He has a VERY muscular frame. Although he has gained weight due to an injury his body fat% is only slightly higher than when he played competitively. The silly machine does not take muscle mass into consideration and body measurement input is not an option...

If you are using wii fit on the carpet maybe put a slab of wood under it so that the feet all sink evenly?

haha..thats my vent about it... but I still do adore to hoola hoop! :)
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    MIne is pretty accurate as well. Do you weigh at the same time of day, and in the same spot?
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love tghe hoola hoop too! Also the yoga workout. A million years ago I used to do yoga every day (when I was thin) and it kept me limber and relaxed. The Wii FIt has got me back into this and it has really helped my back and neck issues. And the hoola hoop is a real workout. The balance tests are very helpful to see how far off my center of balance is. I had neck surgery a few years ago, and I have had balance issues ever since. With all the workouts and dieting I have been doing, you would think I would have lost way more than I have. I guess being over 50 means the weight is GLUED ON. LOL
  • megan145
    megan145 Posts: 67
    Options
    my wii fit is spot on with my normal scale and I don't have any issues but I do weight myself at the same time everyday (before any big meals), wear the same clothing (no shoes) and I make sure that the extensions are in place because I have carpet. my mom had the same accuracy issues with her wii because she didn't put the extension nobs on when she used it on the carpet.