Zumba Calories Burned

Options
For all of you looking for an estimate on how many calories you burn during zumba and you dont have a HRM here's a website that I use... http://www.zumbacalories.com/ hope this helps!!

Replies

• CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! I am going to check it out. So far I logged Zumba under cardio.
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your welcome!! It really easy, just put in your weight and how many minutes in your workout and it gives you the calorie count!
  • Laverne51
    Laverne51 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I started doing Zumba in June and I love it. I go 3x's a week. I seem to be losing inches more so than weight. I know the weight lost comes with a good diet and I'm working on that. But zumba is Great. I sweat, I sleep so much better, and when I eat after class, I'm not at all hungry and I only eat 1/2 of my food. Thanks again for the site.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I checked it out and I was surprised that it is pretty accurate. I am a Zumba instructors and sometimes wear my HRM when I teach. The number of calories that it showed were very close to my HRM calculations. :drinker: Zumba Love!!!
  • SooZ1138
    Options
    I loooove Zumba! My friend is a Zumba instructer and was over last night and we found this website (she's had a lot of people in class ask how many calories are burned). Thanks for posting! Reinforces for me that going to Zumba at least once a week is a fun way to get that cardio! =D
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    God bless you all! I watched a Zumba workout and developed a migraine. Absolutely horrible for me. I am happy you all love it, wish I did. I am glad I have a bad hip, gives me an excuse not to do it!!!
  • glo_79
    glo_79 Posts: 37
    Options
    It seems like a lot of calories burned to me. Buy I'll take it I guess!
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump im getting zumba tapes and currently don't have HRM.
  • prettykonvinced
    prettykonvinced Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Zumba Saturday, I can't wait to do it.