Reached my goal - 30 lbs lost!

Options
Cooriander
Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
I finally have reached my goal - :happy: and I wear a size 4 now, started at size 12 - never thought that would happen, I am in my late forties AND here is my progression (20 lbs progression).

The first pic is after a 10 lbs weight loss, and my total loss is 30 lbs.

I feel GREAT, and energized. I hope I can maintain my fitness level. My goal right now is to run a half-marathon in March of 2012 and to beat my old 5K personal record from college (21:50). The latter is the biggest challenge (:

6413077117_f63b7efa6c.jpg
6412844555_8dae459b3f.jpg

Replies

• obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    holy crap. I hope I can have abs like that some day! congratulations :drinker:
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • radcow
    radcow Posts: 23
    Options
    You look Amazing! thanks for the inspiration
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wonderful, wonderful, wonderful
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You look very toned! Congrats!!!!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    you have done amazingly well, and you look great. Give yourself a huge pat on the back! :smile:
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    wow you look great!!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! way to go!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Great stuff!

And you get to buy some smaller knickers - the black ones are too big for you now!
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    You look great!
  • Alka97
    Alka97 Posts: 74
    Options
    you look great :D
  • tswizzleforev13
    Options
    great job! i hope to look like tht someday!
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Great job! You really look toned up! :glasses:
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job reaching your goal! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I look like the pictures on the far left, I never knew I could look like the pictures on the far right!

You have tweaked my interest a bit!
  • darbym7
    Options
    wow you go girl
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have seen your food diary. How many calories were you eating? What was your plan? What did you focus on? Did you eat your exercise calories back or not? I'm soooo curious :):)
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone (:

I kept a food diary for a short while (May-June) and then sporadically. I felt I knew what I needed to work on. I consumed on average 1,600-2,000 calories, and burned on average 600 calories. I worked out 5-7 days a week, and I had 1-2 days off counting (Th, Sat), when I went out to eat with a friend (on Thursdays) and when my DH cooked a delicious meal on the weekend.

My breakfast is 2 bio-kefirs, a 4 shots of espresso macchiato with extra foam + raw sugar, and lots of vitamins, for lunch I typically had a Cobb salad with low fat blue cheese dressing, then a normal dinner (steak, chicken or pork loin, and lots of vegetables, like broccoli) - but no heavy buttery sauces or heavy carbs such as potatoes (unless it was my day off). For snack I had seeds, nuts and fresh fruits.

I cut out a lot of cheese & butter & sauces in my diet because that I think had been my down fall in the past along ice cream and milk shakes. I don't eat much bread normally and I don't really like deserts or candy (except for ice cream and OK - I love milk chocolate).

I did a lot of cardio (that was my focus), elliptical and running. When I had an extra good week of cardio I treated my self with a sonic milk shake/freeze or milk chocolate.

I did not eat back my calories - at least not deliberately.

MFP really helped a lot! and being part of running threads have kept me motivated with exercising!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job, size 4 amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!