Hummus???

Options
2»

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i eat hummus so often I've considered making my own. my 4 year daughter requests that i put it on her sandwiches. That's how good it is
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    I use it instead of butter as a spread for toast or bagel in the morning. Gives a hit of protein for the day and tastes yummy!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you have access to Costco, they carry a pine nut hummus that I think is very tasty. It comes in a big portion, but if you like it this is a good cheaper option.
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Its kind of hard to explain what it tastes like. Its a sort of creamy dip made of chickpeas, usually tahini sauce, olive oil, garlic, etc. I can't really explain the taste but its yummy, I love it. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like hummus with cucumbers and bellpeppers! Also its really good with pita and pita chips, and carrots as well.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I like Sabra.
    Supremely Spicy and Roasted Red Pepper. I find it in the deli section at my grocery store.

I get a bag of pita bread, bake it for a few minutes until it becomes crispy and dip.
  • I like Sabra, roasted garlic.
  • Acatlett77
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions!!! I can't WAIT to try hummus! I will be getting the roasted red pepper & I will also pick up some pita bread cause that's how most of y'all ate it or with veggies (which I always have on hand). I will let y'all know what I think! :)
  • robotaffliction
    Options
    It's 10000 times better at restaurants. I'm not really a fan of store-bought hummus; the consistency is all off.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the kinds at Walmart and have not found any that I like. It does not have a good flavor to me. Good luck.
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's super easy to make. I blend the chickpeas, EVOO, tons of garlic, with red and orange peppers and eat it on almost anything! Super cheap. I've actually never had store bought so I don't know how it compares.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I make my own at home so I can control the flavor and fat content.

I make my own as well. However, if you choose to buy it from the store, I recommend choosing one with no additives, no preservatives.
  • robotaffliction
    Options
    I've tried to make my own but can never get it quite how I like it; do you use a food processor or a blender? I think I'm going to try a blender because I love a more liquid consistency hummus.

The kind they have at Whole Foods isn't too bad, but I think it's a local brand.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    do you use a food processor or a blender?

I use a food processor, but I don't own a high power blender (like a vitamix) or I would use it.
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hummus with some tasty flat bread/naan is some good stuff
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    put some olive oil on it and dip grape tomatoes, cucumbers and other veggies in it - heaven!!